Ebay and CP strike

My customers on Ebay and Esty have all received a notice from both companies that the strike is over, and this has caused five customers since that notice, to start complaining about the tracking not showing progress - problem is , the strike isn't over and they are still not processing or moving many of my packages. 
I can't help but think this was hugely irresponsible of both Etsy/eBay to do this.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay and CP strike

I sell on Etsy + Ebay too and was upset at that notice too - it says "service disruptions caused by Canada post labor dispute are no longer in effect. Deliveries and shipments are being processed and Canada Post locations should be open".
That makes it sound like all is well, but I know I still have undelivered packages out there - why would I want to mail more?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

"Hi... Class of 1973 here!

eBay Canada Team wrote:

Canada Post strike over
We’re reaching out to you with updates on the item(s) you recently purchased from an eBay seller based in Canada.
On Monday, November 26th, the federal government passed legislation directing Canada Post employees to return to work at noon Tuesday, November 27th.
While operations are expected to resume shortly, a significant backlog of parcels has accumulated, and it’s expected that it could take several weeks for delivery times to return to normal.
Depending on the extent of the backlog in your area, you should expect to receive your item soon, but we’d appreciate your patience in dealing with any delays you may experience as normal operations resume.
We’d like to thank you again for your continued patience, and for choosing eBay.

I was pleased to see the message, agree with the content, and thought it helpful.

Perhaps others received a different message.

I thought it pretty clear about expecting delays , and "thank you again for your continued patience".

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

As the majority of people probably don't read past the title of an email, I am guessing that wasn't conveyed to my buyers or it was simply not read because they had already had it in their minds the strike was over. But good for you, I am glad you are pleased with everything ebay does.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I sympathize and empathize with your frustration. People who don’t read, however, are the root of the problem here. I can only suggest continued patience with those people who are showing impatience and an unwillingness to look past the surface of the matter, eventually they will learn there more to an email beyond the subject just as there’s more to a news story than the headline, and more to a post thread that the title.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply