Ebay sent me a message yesterday stating that I am associated with another account that I have never heard of. Can I search by user ID?

trailerparkjessica
Community Member

ebay sent me the following message:

Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user ID spleen387 is associated with your account. This usually indicates that both accounts belong to the same person.

Because the other account is restricted or otherwise not meeting minimum seller standards, we've changed the amount you can list on eBay.

How do I find this other "person"?  I have never heard of spleen387. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay sent me a message yesterday stating that I am associated with another account that I have never heard of. Can I search by user ID?

Check third response in this thread.

http://community.ebay.ca/topic/Seller-Central/Dubious-Buyer/3000006997

]:)

Don't let a little thing like fear or common sense stop ya'

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay sent me a message yesterday stating that I am associated with another account that I have never heard of. Can I search by user ID?

Check third response in this thread.

http://community.ebay.ca/topic/Seller-Central/Dubious-Buyer/3000006997

]:)

Don't let a little thing like fear or common sense stop ya'
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

It could be a person who has the same internet address as you. For example, I sometimes eBay from work, a building with some 1000-odd employees. I would guess that we all have the same service provider there.

More likely it is someone in your household, or someone who for a period a few months back was using your computer.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'jessica',

You can find 'spleen' but I don't think it will do you any good.  That person is "No longer a registered user".

Up by the Search bar is the word Advanced at the far right.  Click on it.  On the left side down where it says Members, choose Find a member.  Enter the user ID, the code numbers, and you'll see your 'spleen' is in Alberta with a feedback of 4.

I suppose you could always call ebay and see if you could get your 'spleen' removed, - if there is truly no way it has ever been connected to you.

Good luck. 🙂

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You already asked this question and were told to contact ebay. You were also told that it is against ebay policy and against the law to sell counterfeit items, yet you continue to list fake Mac and other brands?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply