Have YOU Been Notified of the New Free Listing Promotion Starting August 26th?

So far, I have seen a thread started by another Canadian seller (as usual) who received an email yesterday afternoon.

I have also been notified (as usual) in an email from e-commerceBytes:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m08/i26/s03

"open to all sellers"

However, I see NO announcement by eBay on eBay.ca Announcement page

I see NO announcement by eBay on eBay.com Announcement page

I see nothing from eBay in "My Messages"

I see no email from eBay announcing the promotion.

Does that make sense folks?  eBay has a promotion for sellers and keeps it a big secret?

The promotion has already started at midnight!

How many of you have yet to receive an email or message from eBay announcing the "free listing" promotion?

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

That is relatively good.

It is now Wednesday morning and I have not received an email message nor a message through eBay.

Like all sellers I can see the promotion in my Selling Manager (or "my eBay") but that is not the point, is it?

Why is eBay.ca not advising Canadian sellers of a promotion by email and/or messages?

Taking a brief look at the discussion boards on eBay.com, it appears to be a Canadian problem. 

Is it a "legacy members" problem?

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

No email

But... It shows up in Selling Manager... Promotional offers.

Will I ever used the promotion? Maybe soon!

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I received mine at 12: 34 this morning. It is not much good to me any way as all the items I sell BIN are the categories that you can not list in for the Freebies and I am getting out of Auctions.
Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Hello everyone,

We have discovered an issue impacting Legacy Members (Canadian users who registered on eBay.com before there was an eBay.ca) which prevented the email to be sent to them for this promo. I'm working with the Promo team to find a solution.

Please keep in mind that there are other things that may prevent a promo email to reach you or may delay its delivery, for example many members have opted out of promo emails from eBay entirely (this setting can be changed in your Communications Preferences). Also, free email providers such as Gmail or Hotmail sometimes experience delays in receiving emails sent by an automated process like the ones we employ for these promo emails.

I would like to thank you all or reporting these issues and for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve them.

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

No notification here yet.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Raphael, I am not a legacy member and do have options checked to receive promotions via email. I do receive notification about a promo that I qualify for every once in a while but I would guess that happens about 10% of the time.

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

I get an eBay message and it is dated 25 Aug 14:00 the day of the promotion and receive it sometime after the time of the message.

I also received an email dated 25 Aug 14:00 (Shaw cable account, not Hotmail or gmail).

What are the two dated 14:00 of the day of the promotion?

I have my account setting to receive promos.

It seems to me that receiving the notice by email is redundant. Just send it to eBay messages. Or have a choice of how to be notified: email or messages.

In the past, I always received the eBay message late if at all and the same for email. I did post recently to a topic on this a few weeks ago on the last promo that I received an eBay message early for once but I received another eBay message and thought it was the promo. I ended up receiving the promo announcement late on the first day of the promo.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Hi Raphael: Just to let you know, I am not a legacy member. I have checked off to receive promo offers from ebay and I do receive them in my private email. The problem is that they do not show up in my ebay messages or on my ebay page until much later and sometimes never. Up until a couple months ago the emails to my private mail and the ebay messages and account update to reflect the promo offer were simultaneous. Recently they are out of synch to the point where I cannot take advantage of the offer
Message 28 of 30
latest reply

I haven't received any notification of this promotion, to my personal email or "My Messages" on Ebay. I rarely receive emails for promotions, and I am set up to receive promotional offers. Most of the promotions do not apply to my selling catagory, so they're pointless to me.
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

It seems to me that receiving the notice by email is redundant. Just send it to eBay messages. Or have a choice of how to be notified: email or messages.

I disagree that it's redundant and I would like to receive message in both e-mail and eBay message. Well, e-mail preferred since I check that much more often than I check eBay.

Message 30 of 30
latest reply