Hi.. Can anybody tell me what is the maximum that i can sell on ebay , with out of reporting to Canada Revenue . Thank You.. popy1231...

Hi..

Can anybody tell me , what is the maximum allowed to sell on Ebay , with out of reporting to Canada Revenue .

Thank You..

popy1231

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi.. Can anybody tell me what is the maximum that i can sell on ebay , with out of reporting to Canada Revenue . Thank You.. popy1231...

hi some information here..

http://www.taxtips.ca/personaltax/ebaysellers.htm

Selling for profit is business income period.

Best advice is a tax consultant.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Very basically, if you are clearing out the basement, there should be no problem.

If you are buying for resale, you should report any profits (and keep careful records of your costs).

If you are selling over $30,000 Congratulations! and be sure to register for GST/PST/HST. You will get a rebate on your tax remittances when you export items purchased with sales taxes.

Your accountant will be able to explain this in more detail.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

hi some information here..

http://www.taxtips.ca/personaltax/ebaysellers.htm

Selling for profit is business income period.

Best advice is a tax consultant.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Very basically, if you are clearing out the basement, there should be no problem.

If you are buying for resale, you should report any profits (and keep careful records of your costs).

If you are selling over $30,000 Congratulations! and be sure to register for GST/PST/HST. You will get a rebate on your tax remittances when you export items purchased with sales taxes.

Your accountant will be able to explain this in more detail.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply