How can I be refund if I payed with my credit card and not paypal?

veroellyson07
Community Member

I don't find my confirmation number on paypal beacause I don't pay with paypal. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When you pay with a credit card paypal processes the transaction.  You get an electronic receipt in your regular email from 'service @ int. paypal.' that says "Receipt for your payment...."  You also get one from ebay, "Confirmation of your order..."   All the transaction details are with the item in your Purchase History where you can View order details.

When a seller refunds you, he clicks the refund link in his paypal account and the money goes back onto your card.  A seller never knows where the money comes from, - a paypal account or a credit card.  It simply goes back the way it came.  It may take a few days to show up, - you can call the card's 1-800 number and hear the recent transactions to your account. 

If, however, you wish to open a claim in the Resolution Center, - that is, assuming contacting the seller has not yielded a satisfactory result, then you must either open a paypal account to get restitution, or call the 1-800 number on the back of your card and inquire about a chargeback. 

You have only 2 choices for a claim in the Resolution Center, - 'not as described' and 'not received', and only 45 days in which to file.  The following link will tell you all about it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

You don't say why you are wondering about refunds, but if the seller has not sent the item and it is past the 45 day mark, you can call your credit card company and see what they offer in the way of purchase protection.  It varies with each card company, and there are deadlines for chargebacks, do don't dawdle.  Just be sure to have all those transaction details in front of you when you call.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hi .. On ebay there are two options.. pay seller direct to their credit card merchant account or process a credit card payment through PayPal as a guest.

Direct ..seller would issue a refund to your card. No refund . call your credit card issuer and request a chargeback. # on card back.

Guest PayPal.. seller issues the refund and PayPal will credit your card. Takes several days to show on card account.

No refund and within 45 days of purchase..can use contact us on PayPal..send email with the transaction ID # that was on your payment email from PP and they will open a claim. If you deleted , call PayPal @ 1-888-221-1161 and they will locate and open.
 Over 45 days , go the chargeback route as in direct.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply