How quickly did the seller ship the item? FEEDBACK Question UNFAIR

helifreak306
Community Member

This question is NOT In CORRECT text. The buyer would have to look up date on package then reference when it was label printed. Then decide about the weather ETC<<<<<<

The SELLER does NOT ship the item...The seller is NOT the Shipping Company. The Seller arranges shipment and the Seller is penalized with low details ratings when the buyer thinks it is a seller problem when it is foot dragging, bad weather...Long weekends. ( On and On) Seller has NO Control of insufficient couriers. Making that detailed Rating UNFAIR and NOT APPLICABLE. That information is already gathered by eBay and PayPal. GET RID OF THAT QUESTION> A Seller will never make reasonable profit and will not stay here selling with NON top rated seller fees and listing fees applied because of the how fast did the Boat travel????????????????. This Website! what is a POLL OPTION? Ebay Can say I need some entered below but does not say what they are after..I am almost had it with this place!

I know a seller that just sold 250 items and a couple low ONE star feedback rating because of weather etc..They still wont give Top rated seller Statis. 4.8/5.0 is UNFAIR!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: How quickly did the seller ship the item? FEEDBACK Question UNFAIR

The question is worded correctly.

How quickly did the seller ship the item

If the seller shipped the item the day you paid or the next day then that is fast.

Regardless of how long it took the item to get to you.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

You could have started a question without a poll option by clicking on the correct tab.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

doumb21
Community Member

I understand your point, but sellers must be aware of the possible delays.

For example, sellers all know december is terrible on shipping delays.  So why sell in late december if you know you will get 3 or 4 stars in most case ? 

Weather usually does not delay shipping unless is it major like what happened in New York.  BOAT really ?  This is the first rule in shipping ..  only use air mail !!  We learn that on the 1st day of eBay seller school.

--

I find the "Shipping fees" DSR much more unfair.  If a buyer thinks the shipping fees are too high, why does he buy the item in the first place?  And buyer only consider the price on the shipping label.  They don't know the packaging might have cost between 5-10$ alone.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

As a buyer, to me  seller  shipping parameters have nothing to do with actual delivery parameters, (which have no bearing on the seller).

That shouldn‘t be a nickel and diming question response; did the seller ship when they agreed to.   And if there were extenuating circumstances, ( such as weekends, holidays, storms, or something unpredictable happens) then ‘reasonable‘ is the new parameter, and should merit full stars.

When  the post office delivers me something very rapidly, it indicates that not only  was their service top-notch, but so was the seller‘s. Top stars, of course.  

If something has been very slow, then it is either a postal issue, and no fault of the seller‘s, and again top stars if they shipped in a timely manner, or the seller dragged their heels ‘unreasonably‘ and perhaps doesn‘t merit top stars.  A buyer usually can usually ‘read‘ a seller‘s level of conscientiousness, and proceed accordingly.

Knowing how important they are to a seller, I wouldn‘t deduct stars unless it was obvious to me that they ‘recklessly‘ failed to ship in a  reasonable amount of time, for whatever reason.

I try to be a reasonable and logical buyer, and shipping problems have not existed in my small ( but prolific) world of online shopping.

(note to my 2 prior money taking/ non-shipping NARU‘d sellers - you‘re both still on my voodoo doll pr*ck list)

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

helifreak306
Community Member

I realize the question is worded correctly. As a buyer that question is directed at the shipping company. I am saying Ebay should not have to poll the buyer to find out when we applied item shipped or printed shipping labels or added tracking

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

helifreak306
Community Member

Yes a buyer can read into feedbacks but you never addressed the fact that if a few under educated buyer give low stars for your Bad weather  the buyer get higher seller fees higher commisions to ebay  No top rated seller low seller fees. You will never get there unless you sell 1000 a month with that Explaination

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

"Ebay should not have to poll the buyer to find out when we applied..."

Please allow me to disagree with you

For example, your listings state: "Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment"

I think it is important for potential buyers to access information (DSR) reflecting your ability to keep that standard.

If a seller showing "shipping within 1 business day" routinely ships only after 3, 5 or 7 days, yes the shipping time DSR should properly reflect the seller's inability to maintain the stardard under which the items were sold.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

helifreak306
Community Member

why?

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

helifreak306
Community Member

Which they already know by when a Payment clears or when it is marked shipped or when you Paypal shipping labelsa. It is all done for you and they have information and can penalize seller without any questionable answers to the rating question in Question

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

helifreak306
Community Member

I agree 110 %. Good thought!

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

bojoand
Community Member

The question is way to vague...

How quickly did the seller ship the item?

does not say "How quickly did the seller hand over the item to the postoffice?"  for any normal common-joe person at home the act of shipping an item "to ship" simply means the entire overall encompasing process of getting the item from one door to the other door - this is mostly the postoffice not the seller... How does the postal performance reflect anything about the seller? it's absurd.

& there's nothing on the feedback page to indicate anything different either - to find out what each DSR means requires some effort. 

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

"ship" is correct.

Not everyone ships using the post office.

I just had UPS pick up 25 parcels going to a customer in QC.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

That last comment I would have to disagree with you even before I was a seller when I knew that how fast a seller shipped meant how fast they sent it out or got it to the post office...

I think Regardless of your own shipping time stated 1 ,3 ,5 ,7 buiness days if the buyer feels it took to long you get low DSR Ratings..

I have had times where I shipped 3 days after but it only took 1 day to get to them so a total of 4 days and the buyers state VERY quick shipping and delivery so I personal think probably 95% or more buyers rate you on a complete time line So not just how long it took you to get to the post office or not just how long the horse and pony ride took but both together... Just my opinion ...

As I buyer I leave 5 stars all the time because I know what it takes to be a seller on here an we all deserve more credit

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

"ship" is correct.

Not everyone ships using the post office.

I just had UPS pick up 25 parcels going to a customer in QC.

Postoffice, UPS, Fred's second cousin's Lada, whatever... that's not really the point.  to most buyers the concept of ship is the full time door to door... & much of that is simply not within the control of the seller. good responsible sellers can get the item out the door in a day just as promised - it may still take 2 weeks to get to the buyer so is the seller still slow and deserving of poor DSR?

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

Most people Leave DSR rating based on the door to door time not just how fast you shipped and they delivered Agreed...

I am pretty sure most buyer also know that how fast a seller ships just means how fast you got the parcel to UPS,Canada post,fed ex yada yada ...

Where the misconception is I think is in what they rate you on .,.. I mean they know full well that your not deliverying it that it is a delivery service that delivers it and carries it etc. ..

When Stating How quickly did they ship the item i think most realize what is meant by that but most will still judge you on the overall delivery time ..

So I agree with you on how they judge but I wouldn't say they don't understand the question I think they just disregard the question and rate you how they feel like rating you

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

helifreak306
Community Member

Finally you said it better than I!!

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

helifreak306
Community Member

i should have reread question it is confusing

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

Personally I have never left less then 5 star EVER .. This is because I am easy going and could careless..

I never buy gifts at the last minute and hope it makes it in the ESTIMATED amount of time .. Then when it doesn't blame the seller for my slackness.. I mean we all have 12months notice for b-day and Anniversaries

As long as I received as described I don't really care how long it takes..

If I do buy Gifts I always let seller know ...

If I buy Cooperate I expect Fast shipping 0 service

If I buy off a guy like me I expect medium to fast shipping but Excellent Service..

I mean think about it I state I ship within 1 day but do you think I am going to put that over my kids appointments or someone in the family falling ill or being injured etc. I am 1 guy and 90% of the time everything ships within 1 day but there are time when order get delayed 2 or 3 days because I am a 1 man mom and pop shop..

I guess it all boils down to was your customer a nice person or a stickler with nothing better to do they judge something they really don't even know the reasoning for...

Example My wife Got a call 8 at night Emerge get to the hospital to be induced to quicken labor and was out of town for 4 days no internet no nothing ...

80% a little more .. Customer were like We understand thank you so much and Congrats then the others were all just people who don't care about anything but themselves and they were all blocked after everything was said and done..

I give 100% to my business but 200% to my family and even if a customer leaves positives if they did not understand the situation I do not want them as customers.. I am not coorperate and do not have employees so every issue I run into in life is mine to take care of...

I think Empathy is the best rule of thumb when Selling and buying from mom and pop shops and Save the dragon fangs for the coorperate companies..

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

windapp
Community Member

I think this goes hand in hand with "how reasonable were the shipping charges".

You can see the shipping charges, shipping method, and the sellers agreed shipping time (1-3 business days usually) when you bid on an item.  Either the seller lived up to this or he/she didn't. 

Message 20 of 28
latest reply