I bought an item as a guest from ebay.ca, used paypal, but 2 months later....nothing.

No delivery and the item does not exist anymore.  I have read online that there has been problems with this company.  I have my full paypal receipt with all the info but ebay.ca does not seem to want to help anybody who does not have an actual account.  I would like my money back.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I bought an item as a guest from ebay.ca, used paypal, but 2 months later....nothing.

ebay's Money Back Guarantee covers purchases for 30 days regardless of whether you have an account or place an order as a guest.

After the 30-day mark you need to use your funding source to get that money back if the item has not arrived: either go to paypal and find the transaction within your account activity and open an Item Not Received case or call your credit card provider directly. Have all your information ready. 

Don't accept an offer of a replacement from the seller. Often (although not always) this is merely a stall tactic designed to make you close your case prematurely or time-out the deadline for escalation. 

Good luck.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@dukemonleo12 wrote:

No delivery and the item does not exist anymore.  I have read online that there has been problems with this company.  I have my full paypal receipt with all the info but ebay.ca does not seem to want to help anybody who does not have an actual account.  I would like my money back.

Find your Guest email with the sale details -- contact the seller (although if you've let it go more than 60 days, it's easier to get the seller contact email from the paypal transaction).

eBay allows Item-Not-Received claims up to 30 days after last estimated date of delivery.

You have to sign in as a guest account on eBay using the info in the sale email to access the purchase. But it sounds like you are beyond that limit.

PayPal allows an Item-Not-Received claim up to 180 days from date of purchase.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ebay's Money Back Guarantee covers purchases for 30 days regardless of whether you have an account or place an order as a guest.

After the 30-day mark you need to use your funding source to get that money back if the item has not arrived: either go to paypal and find the transaction within your account activity and open an Item Not Received case or call your credit card provider directly. Have all your information ready. 

Don't accept an offer of a replacement from the seller. Often (although not always) this is merely a stall tactic designed to make you close your case prematurely or time-out the deadline for escalation. 

Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your help folks. PayPal sent them a dispute letter and the ebay merchant refunded me my money. Little disappointed with ebay and I will not be purchasing from or recommending the online merchant i purchased from to anyone.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply