NIGHTMARE with this buyer PLEASE HELP, SCAM ARTIST! HELP HELP HELP!

grkgem
Community Member
Honestly, I am going a little nuts with this guy who purchased a whole bunch of stuff from my store last night. After he was done he emailed me stating that I have to send the package to a hotel address in Vancouver, I said that I was unable to do this since I only send to the address ebay has on file. He wanted me to send this package to the hotel because he said he was leaving the Country on Thursday and he was going to stay there Wednesday night before his Thursday flight. He even gave me the information of the hotel along with the contact information and a toll free number. Well of course I was curious and called the hotel and of course there was no one staying there with this name and no reservations were made for him. I got a little suspicious but went on because I figured I am not sending anything until I got the money in my account. He then said well I will give you a friend's address instead. Is this guy not listening or what? I emailed him back saying it is going to be delivered to his address only once again. He then said well then you have to send it to my Korean address with a different name. I really got suspicious and I called him on the telephone. His contact information on ebay is correct for Armstrong, British Columbia and he agreed to all my terms. I asked him if the Korean address is where he wants the package to go then he should change his address on ebay. He of course said he already did that so when I checked ebay again he again had not changed anything.

I don't quite know what I am asking here, but I really don't know what to do with this guy. I then receive an email from a competitor of mine who says she got royally burned by this guy (same guy who just purchased from me) except she sold to him outside of ebay. She said he paid with stolen funds so now I am thinking I am screwed. Please what should I do since this guy obviously is a scam artist. I have not sent anything to him yet and really don't want to but how can I avoid negative feedback from him if I don't want to send him any product?

Grkgem
desperate
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

jakeeangel
Community Member
You can't avoid a Neg. Trading partners can leave each other feedback good or bad immediately after making a purchase or winning a bid. Sorry. Definately don't send the stuff. :(

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I agree with jakeangel. If he hasn't paid yet then do nothing. If he has paid, then I would stall and wait to see if the funds come back as stolen.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

funkywatch_com
Community Member
The whole thing sounds fishy...

Did you keep all correspondence with this guy?

Report him to eBay ("contact us" under "ebay help")
Explain your problem. They will email you back and you can send all evidence. With any luck they will NARU him before he has a chance to leave a neg.

Don't send anything unless they tell you to.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
And you figure they'll NARU him for what? Giving multiple addresses? Making up stories? Sorry not gonna happen here.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

grkgem
Community Member
Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.

How can I get ebay to NARU the guy? Is there any loop hole here that I have overlooked?

grkgem
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
I wouldn't worry until he actually pays you. Then I'd stall for awhile and wouldn't send anything out to him ever. Refund if necessary (if he uses paypal) and tell him you won't mail to an uncomfirmed address or anywhere that is not PP approved 100%. He'll go away eventually, and i think you have enough evidence that he will disappear soon all by himself. Gloria
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

grade_a_consignments
Community Member
grkgem, I live in Salmon Arm, which is only 25 minutes from Armstrong, BC. If there is anything I can do to help you, let me know.

(want I shud otta thump him?)

Ralph
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

grkgem
Community Member
Ya gotta laugh at this deadbeat.

Today is the day guys. He said he was going to pay today so I can't wait to hear something. Apparently, he is leaving the country for Korea today. Yet he emails me yesterday and asks me to send his package to Armstrong, BC. I don't think he can even keep his story straight.

Are there any rules against asking someone to sell your products off ebay? I have an early email from this guy asking if I can put together a package for him and email him the total price. He even sent me a list of items he wanted from my store.

I don't know I guess I am grasping at straws, trying to find anything to get this scammer.

PS. Thank you all for your wonderful support. I will keep you updated.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

grade_a_consignments
Community Member
If he contacts you through eBay and asks you to sell privately he would be breaking the rules. If you do sell privately then you also would be breaking the rules. I would copy his request and send it to eBay.

I really don't mind knocking on his door in Armstrong and ask him what is going on. Maybe that will nake him stop whatever his game is.

Ralph
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Any chance that this is a hijacked user account? He has two positive feedbacks from purchasers and the merchandise is completely different than what he has purchased from you.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

grkgem
Community Member
Ho would I find out if it is a hijacked account. I noticed that as well. I think this guy is a pro. but he has met his match. I will not give up on nabbing this guy. I think he has done it to too many people already. I know one of my competitors was really taken by him, except she made the mistake of selling to him off ebay.

grade_a_consignments: I might take you up on that offer.

To all of you, his user id and address is: johneegale

Ashley Borden
110 Reiger Avenue

Make sure you block him so he won't do it to you.

Also, I haven't heard anything about payment yet.

grkgem
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

There not a chance in H@ll this buyer is legit.

You should self-report post #11

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

grkgem
Community Member
You gotta laugh.

This guy was so bent on getting his package by Thursday because he was leaving for Korea (yah right!)

He emails me on Friday and tells me that he has just sent a wire transfer from Vancouver. OOOOh I really want to email him and ask him how his trip was. (LOL) I thought I will not email him until I hear about the wire transfer.

Of course I did email him prior to going to the bank and answered his question of why I am asking so many questions. This was my answer, "As for all the questions that I have, before I decided to be a mother to my children I was a private investigator and my neighboor is a police officer so I constantly hear stories about people who think they are above the law. Sorry I am a safety girl, looking after me."

I will keep you guys posted and let you know if he actually sends the payment.

Thank you for all your support - you are all fabulous!

Kety
(grkgem)
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

maximus535
Community Member
Wow that answer is great, and im very dissapointed with ebay and paypal with their almost non existent protection for legit sellers, they really dont care, if this guy is so bad you can call the authorities and he can really get nabbed bad, hope everything works out for you, the worst thing if you dont send is a neg feedback
Message 15 of 15
latest reply