Need quick help, I have a situation with a buyer...

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
Hi,

I have a problem. A buyer (score of 21) is the high bidder on 19 of my items, but in his FEEDBACK LEFT TO OTHERS, he left too many negative/neutral feedback to my competitors, who are great sellers. Now he wants to buy my items, but I don't want to do business with that person. I added his ID to my block bidder list, and I am about to cancel all his bids, item per item. I have to write a reason, which is not helping.

Thing is, I am afraid that he comes back with another username to buy my (rare) items...

What would you do ?

Thanks !!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

purse_of_the_legionary
Community Member
By the way, here is the reason I was about to add to the bids cancelation :

Buyer left an abnormal amount of negative/neutral feedbacks to other sellers

Am I right to say that the buyer will see that reason to cancel ?
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Yes buyers, as well as everyone else, will see the reason you enter when cancelling their bids.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'd do it.

It's a good warning to other buyers and you certainly don't want this guy's business.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Put him on BBL. You will also need his name/address to prevent him buying from you under different ID.

It's not kosher, but your competitors might be happy to give you the information. If person on BBL buys any of your items under different ID, eBay will take your side, since it's a clear violation.

We maintain a ban list that contains names and addresses. If someone on banlist places order on website, it is cancelled. Most people on banlist were eBay transactions.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thing is, I am afraid that he comes back with another username to buy my (rare) items...

Back in the day when I was leaving feedback only after the buyer left it, I received a neutral from a buyer in California commenting I was slow to ship. I admit, I was pretty angry because I mailed his item within 24 hours and even gave him a freebie. If he had bothered to look at the postal label he would have seen that I was quick to ship. I emailed him and he wasn't helpful or remorseful so I neg'd him. Next thing I knew he created a new user ID and bought the cheapest item in my store. Thankfully I caught it and reported him. The transaction was cancelled, his new user ID was non-registered and that was the last I heard of the guy.

Keep yourself a list of the names and addresses of people on your BBL.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Yeah, but that's California - they're ALL crazy down there.:-D
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

"Keep yourself a list of the names and addresses of people on your BBL."

So do you seriously cross reference every single buyers address with this list every time you sell something? Just sounds really time consuming, that's all. Do you have an easy way to track/manage it?

Cheers,
AXE
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

You only cross-reference the ones that you have trouble with. If they were a real PITA the last time, I think you'll remember them.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply