Outbid on an auction item and I decide to "give up" on the item. Is there a way to delete the item from my bidding list, before it ends?

When I have been outbid on an auction item, and I have

decided to "give up" on that item, is there a way to remove it

from my "bidding list"?  Or do I have to wait till the end of that

auction to delete it?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Outbid on an auction item and I decide to "give up" on the item. Is there a way to delete the item from my bidding list, before it ends?

Hi ... No , ebay does not allow deleting of items bid on as it is possible that a bid retraction may occur making your bid high again.( and possible winner)

Its not a good idea to bid on another similar item unless several times removed from high bid.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Hi ... No , ebay does not allow deleting of items bid on as it is possible that a bid retraction may occur making your bid high again.( and possible winner)

Its not a good idea to bid on another similar item unless several times removed from high bid.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

1)So if there is a bid retraction, or the seller for some reason gives me

a "second offer", then I am commited to purchase the item ??

2)Even if I was outbid several days before end of auction and I wanted to

move on to other possibilities ??

3)If a bid retraction occured and I had moved on..........would I also be

entitled to do a bid retraction??

(sometimes my  $$ resources can become limited due to unexpected

expenses - like just remembered bill due dates) 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply