Paypal Problems Whats next ?

ameroindustries
Community Member
Ok fine do the 1% Dissatisfaction For Description and 2% for S/H Fee's / Ship Time Ect ... whatever more free shipping higher prices fix this issue no big deal ready for April 2010 .

Paypal / ebay contact me on Monday and do a 3% Reserve on my money .. no big deal Couple of my friends in usa who are large seller have 5% Reserve's on there accounts for 90 day Turn around 91'st day you get that 3% back so becomes big revolving door whatever can understand if your pushing alot of product so they are protected .

Last 2 days paypal has held 3k with for 10k of money taken in ... Says 50k Reserve .. What the hell ... I mean maybe it gives them the giggles and milk comes outta there nose when they give me ulcers . I donno .. How many beatings can a person take . Fine keep your 50k reserve whatever 90 days .. but whats next ? Dont tell me 3% over 90 days and do 20% or 30% . Not sure where they get there math from but they need to fire whoever is calculating the numbers or give him a big fat raise .

OH btw i have about 30 claims a month totaling maybe few grand this is for 150-180k taken in and approx 6000 transaction's ..

Gosh maybe i should quit and watch pirated movies all day and play on xbox live all day .. More productive i think .

:D Smile
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I've said it before - charge more, even if it reduces the volume a bit.

Life is much easier when you've built some wiggle room into the selling function. -------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. Carl Sagan

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You should call Paypal and discuss the problem with them and if not selled move on to selling site outside of ebay.

Frederic
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Well, with your volume, your own site is a good idea, anyway. -------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. Carl Sagan

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Amero, with your volumes, you should talk to your bank. Bank cannot lock your funds, has rules to follow and a bonus is that many can offer accepting Interac, which PayPal does not.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Thanks for the ideas 😛 .. Im clearing my items out gonna just sell select direct import items on ebay with 100-300% margin forget the rest its to much now .

Just got wind of another policy change i did not know about :

New ebay policy's are coming there testing a pilot program . Which if a buyer buys from you and he is not happy with the item he then contacts ebay directly .. they contact you and you can ither resolve it if it cant be resolved the buyer then gets a refund .. The buyer is encouraged to send product back but doesn't have to .

cinda like what they do on paypal but favors 90% in buyers all the time and they dont have to return item .. this way ebay can govern your Disputes alot closer making it more safe for buyers and destroying sellers .

They are billing your ebay account for the product / refund itself . Its a pilot program gonna go into mass effect soon .

My website does ok about 250k in sales but still equates to only 65k in net profit which is not bad (nothing to complain about) just not same sales as ebay 😞
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

cinda like what they do on paypal but favors 90% in buyers all the time and they dont have to return item

Actually, I read a third-party report that says sellers win about 2/3 of the disputes. -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I have to point something else out that I'm seeing a hint of, amero -

You're starting to sound like you believe that you're a helpless victim in all of this.

You're not, and the victim mentality, if it is really there, may preclude you from seeking solutions to these problems.

Paypal and ebay are not out to get you.

You're getting increased holdbacks from Paypal because you have a lot of chargebacks or you have a lot of unsatisfied customers or both.

If your customers were happier, they wouldn't be filing chargebacks and leaving negs and neutrals, so Paypal would have no REASON to hold back as much money.

ebay will be looking at the seller's rep when they make their decisions about whether to allow a refund on a claim. Your record may work against you.

You may be selling piles of stuff, but you're driving yourself crazy and I'm concerned that the trail of negs and neutrals is going to catch up with you.

I REALLY suggest that you look to that as an immediate concern and approach it with the attitude that it CAN be fixed. -------------------------------------------------------------------

It is our similarities that make us all human - it is our differences that make us all interesting

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Amero, all your negs are related to communication issues. People hate being ignored, lied to, deceived, etc. While you are a brilliant seller, you should hire someone for customer support, to promptly respond to emails and pick up phones. If customer is unhappy, make them happy, send free gift, add extra item, apologize for anything they find wrong even if they are not right. Customers tend to be more sympathetic to humbleness than arrogance. Improve your CS and your should not get locked 🙂 I had one customer a months on backorder so I send him an extra item. Cost me like $5 but he was so happy he did not even notice month delay.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply