Revenge Negative Feedback

I know the feedback issue is an old one, but I thought I would add my recent expereince which shows how ebay allows revenge negative feedback from sellers who try to attack sellers by filing fraudulant item not as described complaints.    

I sold two items by auction to a Chinese reseller located in the US.

He won two auctions, with bids of $900 ish and $2000 ish.

Upon receipt, he filed two obviously fraudulant item not as described complaints.

In one (the $900 item), he said the item (a real ming dynasty bowl) was "seriously deformed".     There are 36 pictures of this bowl in the listing from every angle, and its obvious this item is not deforemed in any way.     I note he did not claim it was damaged, or dispute the age etc.

In the other case, he claimed the item was made in the last 10 years.   When I pointed out that I have known this item persaonlly since 1986, he withdrew that claim, saying that was just his opinion.

In the ebay dispute communication, ultimately he stated that he is a reseller, and he wanted to return the items, not because there was anything wrong with them, but because he didn't think he would make a profit when reselling them (ie he over bid).     I got the impression I was talking to two different people, the person who won the auctions - probably an employee, and then someone else who wanted to return the items because he had over paid.

I did not agree to allowing him to return items that were correctly represented, simply because he over bid.

The buyer did not esculate his complaints.    Instead after about 25 days, he closed both his fraudulant item not as discribed complaints, and left me two very damaging negative feedbacks, effectively distrorying my account (which previously was top rated with 100% positive feedback).

As it turns out, if the complaints had been esculated, and I had won them, ebay would have removed the negative feedback.   However because a buyer decided to withdraw his complaint (thereby acknowledging his complaint was groundless, and would not be successful if esculated), then ebay will not remove the negative feedback.

Also, even though these two negative feedbacks were clearly left in revenge, Ebay will not remove them.

I phoned ebay, and got their useless Asian call center, which is powerless and useless.    The reduculous excuses they told me for not doing anything to remove this feedback just added insult to injury.    Each time I pointed out how false their excuses were, they come up with another one.

Ebay still owes me $253.94 in refund for selling fees for an item that was returned.     As soon as this fee is refunded, I will close my ebay account.

There is just no point dealing with a company like Ebay that allows its best top rated sellers to be victimized by dishonest buyers, and refuses to do anything to correct the problem, even when the problem is as transparent as this.

I did over $100.000 in sales on Ebay in April and May, and my Ebay fee bill for May was over $3000 (after the 20% discount).    If I had receieved any kind of support from Ebay, they would be getting $3000 plus per month from me hense forth.   Instead they get nothing,     

I wonder how much money ebay saved by using an Asian call center staffed by powerless employees, and if that saving justifies the loss of revenue they will get from honest sellers like myself being forced out of doing businss with them.

Sincerely,

Nicholas James MBA

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have a similar experience posted here and sympathize with you... all I can say is hold your head up, reply to the feedback and carry on.... it's nearly an impossible task when it comes to feedback and ebay... ocassionally you can get it removed.. but you know what on person (english) said to me in the trust and safety.... he says if it wasn't for buyers he wouldn't have a job, and the buyers ultimately pay his salary.... holy sheep poop.... I mean honestly... just so you know, you are not alone... I feel for you  😞

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I hear you.    It used to be that you could get through to an ebay North American rep, and they had some kind of policy of removing a negative feedback once a year or so.     

Ebay is going down hill so fast its really unfortunate.

This latest problem is the asian call centers who are just reading a script, and even when they agree with you, and say they will fix a problem, in reality they do nothing other than leave you thinking your problem has been fixed.

There is a utube video I reacently watched which says just hang up if you get an asian call center.    Unfortuanately he is dead right.    

To make matters worse the asian call centers can't transfer you to north america any more.    They say its random which call center you get, meaning you can hang up and try again, but every time I try, I keep getting those useless asians.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply