SPP and eChecks

grimsbygaming
Community Member
I've got an interesting situation I'm dealing with right now. The buyer, with zero feedback, has a verified Canadian PayPal account and paid with an eCheck. The eCheck has taken 10 days to clear (it hasn't cleared yet, but probably will any day now). Now, a requirement of SPP is that you ship within 7 days of receiving payment....it doesn't say 7 days of receiving *cleared* payment.

Has anybody ever won a SPP claim where they shipped after 7 days of initial payment, but within 7 days after the payment cleared? Anybody think PayPal would honour the SPP in a case such as this?
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

SPP and eChecks

sunshine2426
Community Member
I never have and would never ship anything until it clears. I've had echecks that never cleared with buyers before.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

SPP and eChecks

grimsbygaming
Community Member
Well, I'm definitely holding the shipment until the eCheck clears....whenever that will be. But since the 7 day window has (arguably) already passed, I'm just wondering if SPP applies to this transaction.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

SPP and eChecks

grimsbygaming
Community Member
And something just seems weird....zero feedback with a verified account??? How often do we see that? And then paying with an eCheck no less.....less than 1% of my transactions are eChecks.....just highly unusual.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

SPP and eChecks

whoscloset
Community Member
PayPal does not consider the payment made until it clears. In fact they recommend that you do not ship until you receive notification that the payment has cleared. The 7 days is from the time of CONFIRMED payment.

Monique

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

SPP and eChecks

duujogl
Community Member
And something just seems weird....zero feedback with a verified account??? How often do we see that? And then paying with an eCheck no less.....less than 1% of my transactions are eChecks.....just highly unusual.

I would bet that it's an experienced eBayer with a new buying ID - it might be a new paypal account too, or it might be a long established account - I don't know if there's any way to tell that.

Glenda
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

SPP and eChecks

I would suggest to only ship when your Paypal payment clears(You have 7 days to ship from the time that payment has cleared). It has happened to us that payment never cleared so suggest to be careful.

Frederic
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

SPP and eChecks

grimsbygaming
Community Member
Thanks guys....I appreciate the advice. The eCheck did clear Friday, so I'm good to go to ship the item on Monday.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply