Seller sends a tracking number, not Global Shipping.

Hi there.  I'm really not sure what my seller is doing but after my purchase of a porcelain doll, I am quickly beginning to think I am being had.  I bought the doll on Oct 1.  The seller messaged that they would ship the doll the next day.  The next day I received a message from the seller to say it was shipped from Nanjemoy and provided a tracking number.  13153210000013895909. Yesterday I tried the tracking number on the U.S.P.S. website and it didn't work.  I messaged them back and they provided another number.  Now I'm suspicious.  I tried that number, 13153210000013896032 and it doesn't work.  All along I haven't received the usual message from G.S. that the item has been shipped and the item shows not to be shipped or a tracking number in my purchases.  I have messaged them back but something tells me this transaction is going to be a problem.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks folks!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No surprise the numbers don't work since tracked is usually 16 digits not 20 digits for the USPS

Other tracking formats: 2 letters, 9 numbers, 2 letters.

And obviously not buying shipping through ebay/paypal since those tracking numbers are automatically updated.

You should ask which shipping company they used.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Remember that the seller ships to the GSP plant in Kentucky, who re-ship to you.

So ask the seller what company he used and where he sent the parcel.

There is a poor soul in another thread whose seller listed the GSP as the shipper and then shipped directly, causing all sorts of confusion and expense.

While you can't open an eBay Dispute until the last estimated date for arrival has passed, you can open a Paypal dispute for 180 days from PAYMENT.

But get the shipping company first. It may just be a spacey seller.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply