Why as a buyer do we have to wait or beg for pos feedback, it should be automatic pos!!!????

I am getting tired of begging for pos feedback as abuyer, as a buyer we paid outrite for product we haven't received yet, why do we have to wait or beg, sometimes left long enough it will even disappear so we cant even get pos feedback on an item we have purchased.   Buyers should receive AUTOMATIC POS FEEDBACK!!!  how doesnyoine else feel!!

Carstechguy

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Why as a buyer do we have to wait or beg for pos feedback, it should be automatic pos!!!????

While I agree that sellers probably should post feedback as soon as possible, I also would like to point out that feedback is not only voluntary but completely useless for buyers.

Buyers can only get positive feedback. It says nothing about how quickly they paid, how easy they were to deal with or whether or not the buyer was setting the seller up for a scam.

Yes, Virginia, there are bad buyers out there,and sellers do have the right to protect themselves, even if that means not leaving feedback until the entire transaction is completed.

Seller feedback tells future buyers how satisfactory past buyers found their transactions.

Buyer feedback is egoboo.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You've been on ebay long enough to remember the days when sellers could leave negs for buyers.

As a seller, you know buyer feedback is meaningless and that feedback in general is strictly voluntary.

Begging for feedback as seller can earn you a neg. Begging for feedback as a buyer could earn you a spot on the seller's blocked bidders list.

Since you are also a seller, begging for feedback as a buyer, might tempt someone to buy something from you for the sole purpose of leaving you negative feedback because you pestered them for feedback.

Never, ever, never ask for feedback.

"I am getting tired of begging for pos feedback as abuyer"

Then stop doing it.

"Buyers should receive AUTOMATIC POS FEEDBACK!!!  how doesnyoine else feel!!"

I'm sort of surprised that you as as seller would feel that way. It is usually people who have never sold anything on ebay who think buyers should automatically get positive feedback. As a seller, you know every transaction is not positive so why give positive to someone who doesn't deserve it? Perhaps some of your sellers do not feel you deserve positives and since they can't give negs, they just don't leave any feedback.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply