are there any rules preventing me from listing my items on other websites

I would like to know if I am allowed to list items on other websites as well as listing on eBay.ca. I cannot see anything in the user agreement that prevents this but I want to avoid finding out after the fact and incurre a violation.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: are there any rules preventing me from listing my items on other websites

EBay doesn't like it and there are some technical problems.

You have to keep a close eye on your sales and delete duplicated listings promptly or you could end up with two buyers for one item.

But many sites, including etsy and Bonanza have a one-click service that will import all your eBay items to their own sites.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I was not thinking of posting the same items at the same time. I was looking for a way to list other items as eBay posting limits are a pain.

So I should be good to go right?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Of course.

Many sellers here have their own websites and use eBay more as advertising than anything else.  They might include a note with each eBay sale, telling of material available on the website for example.

And some sellers use other sites for specialty items, for example, Zillions of Stamps is the site for members of the American Philatelic Society and some quite high value material is traded there, along wih a lot of dreck that would be too expensive to list on eBay.

That is, the fees would be too high for the listing to be profitable on eBay.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

thanks for the input reallynicestamps.......I learned a lot in the last two days

Message 5 of 5
latest reply