can you do anything if the 45 days have past and you never receive your item I feel ebay is at fault

I was ripped of by a Chinese seller who according to ebay had a good record

but after 45 days I can't place a complaint with ebay the seller gave me an arrival date past the 45 days in the first place

I think there should be a longer time to place a complaint

this is terrible business practise

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

can you do anything if the 45 days have past and you never receive your item I feel ebay is at fault

Experienced eBayers advise newbies to pay for their items through Paypal from a credit card.

If you did this, if the eBay/PP month and a half has expired, go to the 1-800 customer service number on the card and ask about a chargeback.

Have your dates, prices, transaction numbers at hand to help the clerk process your refund.

If you paid from your bank account, you are out of luck.

In future, attach a card to your PP account.

Allow 15days for arrival from Europe, 20 days for arrival from North America (I don't know why but this is based on my experience), and no more than 30 days from Asia.

Air Mail from Asia usually takes less time than from North America, again I don't know why. Air Mail from overseas sellers is well worth paying for.

Read the negative and neutral feedbacks left for a seller, as well as the feedback percentage. Any FB below 98% is questionable. And if there are many mentions of 'slow shipping', be wary.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Also keep in mind that the 45 day period is for filing a dispute with PayPal for a not-received item.  You have up to 20 days to escalate the dispute to an actual claim of non-delivery, which gives the item over nine weeks to arrive.

Should the item arrive after you see your money returned through the claim process, simply pay the seller again.

I don't see any of this as a "terrible" way of doing business.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

js6476
Community Member

I too feel this is a bad practice, also I looked up items I had bought and not received, and they are not even on my bought list anymore... ebay took them off (no proof I bought and paid) even though I have a message from two sellers telling me they were shipped.

on an item that was total fraud, ebay deleated my post on the subject. so much for helping.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

EBay only keeps listings available for 90 days. However, if you pay by Paypal, those records are available indefinitely. I can still access records from the first month I signed up to accept Paypal over 10 years ago.

If you need more than the title and the invoice, print out the listing when you bid. Remember that you may also want the shipping and handling information.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply