how to lift a seller from blocking a bid?

I gave a low offer on a used sports sweater,... the seller was selling it for $49.00 I offered $10.00 and it was declined, I email him saying that I am a poorly paid military serving member and that the sports sweater was for my son, not for re-sale. I also said that I was willing to pay full price, however he has blocked me from any further bids, yet I did buy from his store other items at full price,.... is it fair that I cannot give a second bid, or be blocked and shut out permanently? Please advise. The sale ends in 23 hours and there are still no bids,..... how do I get through to the seller. I have emailed him twice through eBay with NO response Peter F.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Nothing anyone can do if the seller blocks you.

Sellers don't have to give a reason for blocking anyone.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

We sellers get all sorts of sob stories about how poor or sick or handicapped or .. or... or... the bidder is. We are very cynical about it. We also tell sellers not to add sob stories to their descriptions , since the usual reaction is "scammer, move on".

I don't understand how a seller could Block you from bidding on one item, but still allow you to bid on others. Or had you bid with him before and were blocked on your last attempt to bid.

I don't like or use Best Offer myself, but from the Boards it seems that those sellers who do will rarely accept offers that are not at least 85% of the asking price.

20% of the asking price is insulting.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply