incorrect shipping information

Hi I recently agreed to buy an item, my paypal would not go through to pay for it, after several frustrating days on the phone to both Paypal and Ebay I finally contacted the seller who informs me that because I live in Canada I have to have a US shipping address.  Why does the offer say shipping to Canada and give the cost of shipping to Canada but the seller is saying he doesn't.  I am confused, not a long time member of Ebay but this seems to be really frustrating, I have bought some other things from other sellers in the US and have never had this problem.  Is this unusual? and should this seller not say that he does not ship to Canada?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

incorrect shipping information

The seller is a boob.

He doesn't want to sell outside the USA but somehow has shipping to Canada enabled on his listing.

hmm.

Is it possible that he got signed up for the Global Shipping Program by default? A lot of sellers did.

If that is the case, he would be shipping to Kentucky for forwarding.

The listing will say Customs services and international tracking provided. And you will pay appropriate Canadian duty and tax as part of your shipping fees.

This notice is not viewable if you use a mobile device to shop.

Ask him for a Mutual Cancellation and be free of this transaction. Just agree to it promptly.

You are, if nothing else, not out any actual cashy money. Just time and emotional wear and tear.

There will be no fallout for you.

You can leave appropriate Feedback . The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

'Advertised shipping to Canada but doesn't. "

Message 2 of 2
latest reply