My Item Still Hasn't been received?

I sold my first item on ebay last month.

I shipped out a pair of shoes to Indonesia using the paypal shipping label services.

I received a message roday from the buying that she still hasn't received her shoes.

When I shipped them out last month the approximated shipping time would be 4-6 weeks,

and this is the seventh.

I didn't know that the service I used (light surface small packets) was not eligible for tracking because I was provided with a tracking number.

Now I can't track the package and I don't qualify to ask Canadapost a question.

Is there anything I can do??

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Surface packets may take up to two month (sometimes more) to reach destination.

The 16 digits numbers you had is not a "tracking number", it's simply an "label order confirmation number", you can't track them.

International with tracking are :  tracked packets, xpresspost or priority

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/productsservices/send/parcels.jsf#International

I don't know how trustable is the Indonesian postal service, I've never shipped here... there is not much you can do (surface packet are not covered by Canada Post), cross your fingers or refund the buyer if he requests it.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

place coll

my mo.no

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Of course you can ask Canada Post a question. It's your right!

Mind you if your question is "Am I covered by insurance against this getting lost in the mailstream?" The answer will be "No."

Never ship overseas by Surface. Especially if your customer demands that you do. This is a common scam. The item "does not arrive", the scammer claims non-delivery within 45 days, you can't prove delivery, Paypal refunds the scammer and comes after you.

Until you get more experience, don't ship outside North America. Too many potentials problems. You just met one.

At this point, you have two choices. You can refund voluntarily and take this as a Learning Experience. Yeah, I hate those too. Ask the buyer to refund the refund when the shoes arrive. It might happen.

Or you can wait for the buyer to win a Paypal claim, get a negative feedback and trashed DSRs, and a black mark on your selling record.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply