paying for a later order but not the shipping

thor0466
Community Member

Hi ebayers

I bought something fro a seller, it was late, I've been been burned in the past,so now I start the "resolution process" whenever  an order is later, well this time the product showed up......extremely late, but nevertheless showed up so I want to pay the seller, but not for the p\h

anybody know how I should proceed

Thanx 

Sean 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"I want to pay the seller, but not for the p\h"

"but not for the p\h" ????

Why not?  You originally agreed to pay for the shipping charge when you purchased the item.  The fact it was delayed in transit does not in any way minimize your obligation to pay the full amount originally agreed to and already refunded to you.

You should simply go to PayPal and send the seller the money using the "send money" function. Enter his email address, the amount, the currency and submit the payment.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Why would this seller mail an item that was not completely paid for? 

I think you are withholding a lot of infomation.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

By p/h do you mean processing/handling? Or do you mean shipping? 2 seperate things.

If you do mean shipping, why do you want to not pay him the shipping costs? That would be like a friend of yours buying you a gift card to your favourite store, but then you go to the store and the shirt you bought had a rip in it. Would you go back to your friend and complain? He gave you the gift card, so it must be his fault right? No. Well, the same in this case. The shipping you paid went to the shipping company not the seller. The shipping company gave you the parcel late, not the seller.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply