"Get 75% of Final Value Fees back on qualifying traffic" -eBay

I was looking around the site to know what's all the fuss about the "new" eBay stores since I may re-open here this Autumn (BTW, it's NOT cheaper at all? And what's with that 1-year commitment to get old eBay store prices? .. anyway ... ) ... When I stumbled upon this page :

http://pages.ebay.ca/storefronts/openbenefits.html

This particular bullet point got my attention : Gain More Exposure - Obtain extra visibility on and off eBay, plus get 75% of Final Value Fees back on qualifying traffic.

eBay doesn't deliver me a "lot" of quality customers, when I operate a store here I bring most of my own customers in from my own websites/SEO/repeat customers via email marketing. I remember searching the site a lot back then to try and find a way to get a refund on FVF for items sold through the help of an outside link bringing the guy to eBay to conclude the sale, as I remember it existed years ago.

So, is this back? How can we "get 75% of Final Value Fees back on qualifying traffic"? I've searched the site and couldn't find any information about this and how we can do this ... anyone can point me in the right direction? It might get me to re-open a store here sooner.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: "Get 75% of Final Value Fees back on qualifying traffic" -eBay

Translation: "75% of eBay Stores sellers surveyed said that opening an eBay Store increased their sales"

Typical eBay overselling the benefits of its programs.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Looks like an out of date eBay.ca Canada web page. If you look at the same link but change the ca to com, you get this modern up to date page on eBay.com with similar information except the getting paid part.

http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/start.html

eBay did pay sellers for directing traffic to eBay from off eBay sites like a personal blog to other social media sites. As long as the traffic was from an off eBay site to eBay.

There was an alleged scam 4-5-6 years ago about Auctiva (then a free third party listing tools site) creating fake traffic to eBay by so called round tripping. Listing with their free tools would take an eBay buyer off eBay to their site to see super sized photos hosted on Auctiva and then send the buyer back to eBay with their affiliate code and they would get paid for fake traffic. The program was discontinued to changed as to how eBay paid for traffic. Auctiva lost a lot of income from the change in paying for traffic apparently and had to change to charging a monthly fee for their service in Spring 2009.

It apparently still exists as the eBay Partner network as far as I can tell. Much more difficult to be paid.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Found it:

"Gain More Exposure - Obtain extra visibility on and off eBay, plus get 75% of Final Value Fees back on qualifying traffic."

I think this comes from a very old eBay page.

In the "good old days", sellers with am eBay store and a website would get 75% discount on the FVF paid on sales generaged from a referral from the website if a specific code was inserted in the link.  I used to save $70 to $100 a month in FVF.  The program was ended several years ago when they introduced the 20% FVF discount for TRS.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You type faster than me! 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Here are some current active links on eBay.com for the Affiliate program.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/affiliate-program.html

Here is a link to the current eBay Partner network

https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/files/hub/en-US/index.html

How these current programs work and if they can be of use to a small eBay sellers with a store is unknown to me. Most likely not worth the effort for the small return.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply