returns and refunds

If a buyer wants a full refind and wants to return their item back to seller, does e bay give the money that ebay has taken out for the sale? or does the seller lose that?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: returns and refunds

You get all the money back.   I am not so sure about the Paypal bit though......you might lose their fee.  It used to be a full reversal but not sure now that the two are separate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As a buyer this is not your concern. Don't let someone try to play the sympathy card on you.

The fees we sellers pay to eBay and Paypal total about 20% of your payment, but with the exception of the original listing fee (usually less than 30 cents) these are reversed when a sale is cancelled or refunded.

What is aggravating to sellers is that in many cases the seller is required to pay for the return of the item.

And of course the original shipping and handling fee actually went to the post office, not the seller, and will not be returned by the PO.

Some sellers will accept a photo of a damaged item as proof, and will not require return for refund. This is up to the seller. She may have a use for even a damaged item. Her choice.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You get all the money back.   I am not so sure about the Paypal bit though......you might lose their fee.  It used to be a full reversal but not sure now that the two are separate.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As a buyer this is not your concern. Don't let someone try to play the sympathy card on you.

The fees we sellers pay to eBay and Paypal total about 20% of your payment, but with the exception of the original listing fee (usually less than 30 cents) these are reversed when a sale is cancelled or refunded.

What is aggravating to sellers is that in many cases the seller is required to pay for the return of the item.

And of course the original shipping and handling fee actually went to the post office, not the seller, and will not be returned by the PO.

Some sellers will accept a photo of a damaged item as proof, and will not require return for refund. This is up to the seller. She may have a use for even a damaged item. Her choice.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, This this answered my question. Have a good day
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Do I need a return slip or number ... To return item eBay took money from PayPal account .....
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What is the address to return ... The item is not suitable nothing wrong with it .....
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Is there a phone number to call for information what to do for return
Message 7 of 7
latest reply