shipping to country not listed

Why am I getting a winning bidder from Thailand when I state on the listing only shipping to USA and Canada PLUS I have set up my buyer requirements to block countries that I do not ship to?

I mean what is the point of having these requirements!!!

Here's what it says under blocking buyers.

Buyers in locations to which I don't ship
Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.

This requirement can help you avoid buyers who agree to purchase your items without realizing you don't ship to their location.

Can help you avoid????????? what is that.  This is **bleep**.  Why can't it just STOP buyers.

Please somebody with an ounce of programming knowledge from eBay change this!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Given your product you may also want to add this note to...

I have never heard of the ships to block not working. Perhaps the buyer has a US address that they use a US shipping address and that is why they were able to buyer your item.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You are NOT required to ship to a country you have Blocked. Actually you are not required to ship to a country that you have not given specific shipping fees for.

Report the bidder as an Unwelcome Bidder.

Refund any payment she makes.

Put her specifically on your Blocked Bidder List.

If you are willing to sell to her, but not to ship to Thailand, ask for a North American address. If she supplies one, you can safely ship there (with Confirmation of Delivery if it makes you more comfortable).

Many Asian buyers have a US-based trans=shipment company that is used for just this sort of situation.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Given your product you may also want to add this note to your buyer.

Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.

Adding that the buyer should be sure that his country allows the importation of this sort of product.

Yeah, I know Thailand's reputation, but there still might be laws on the books that would lead to seizure.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the input.
I have received no payment. If I did, then I can see if there was maybe a US address.
I have cancelled the transaction for selling to a country not listed.

I still don't know how they can get through to bid with the country on their account listed as one I do not ship to.
This is the frustration.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply