50% UPS Brokerage fee????

kazoobers
Community Member
I bought an item that was $99.95 US. The Seller charged me $16.00 for UPS standard shipping to Canada.

The package arrived and here is a Brokerage C.O.D. due to UPS for $54.17. What a rip! The seller said nothing about additional fees due IN ADDITION to the $16.00 I paid him for the shipping. By looking under Help in eBay, I see there is nothing I can do about it.
The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
Bobby Heenan
Message 1 of 950
latest reply
949 REPLIES 949

One-Adam-Twelve [tchhh]
See the man [tchhh]

(how do you post a pic here?)

Tks.
Message 701 of 950
latest reply

It's been years..but I found it.

Top right beside "Watches" you will see "Settings".

For your signature/logo to show up, it will have to be hosted/stored on a server (like your webspace from your ISP) and it will have to be pasted in like this in the box:

Hope that helps...

Message 702 of 950
latest reply

try again for the example:

(left dohicky here)img src="xxx://www.xxxx.xxx/xxxx/adam12.jpg">

Message 703 of 950
latest reply

junglejammies
Community Member
Wading through this thread suggests a few synonyms:

Idiot

Cretin

Half-wit

Dimwit

Nitwit

Doofus

Imbecile

Thicko

Moron (not to be confused with the City in Argentina, to the West of Buenos Aires)

Try reading. The more you read, the more you learn - and I don't mean Now or Tales from the Crypt! It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Photobucket
Message 704 of 950
latest reply

kazoobers
Community Member
^^ good point jaysbackyard.

Maybe thats why canuckchat hasn't been saying anything on this thread for a long time!!! 😛
Bobby Heenan
Message 705 of 950
latest reply

hullo? did somebody call?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 706 of 950
latest reply

junglejammies
Community Member
Message 707 of 950
latest reply

wanetor
Community Member
UPS they'r are thieves and bunch of unscrupulus peoples i pay 30$ for the item the seller charge me 13$ for ups shipping to Canada and the good news for the brokerage 40$.So if you are good in math 43$ for the ups service. it cost more than my item.What a rip. thanks UPS last time i do buiness with you.
Message 708 of 950
latest reply

UPS is a business.

/end

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 709 of 950
latest reply

Today was the last drop...

merchantlaw.com/courier.html -ONTARIO

classaction.ca/content/actions/ups.asp -QUEBEC

poynerbaxter.com/UPS.htm -BC

These are class action law suits against UPS and Fedex's unreasonable brokerage fees. Please join, I have.
Message 710 of 950
latest reply

I never Knew UPS was charging to do the Customs forms again After I have to fill them out before I can ship the packages . I thought for years the UPS was charging you folks the VAT Tax and Custom fee's through the Brokerage Firm. I've Heard that a Classaction suit has been filed against both FedEx and UPS over this . There is No reason for Those company to even do the customs paper worker when we shippers have to do them.
Message 711 of 950
latest reply

I never Knew UPS was charging to do the Customs forms again After I have to fill them out before I can ship the packages . I thought for years the UPS was charging you folks the VAT Tax and Custom fee's through the Brokerage Firm. I've Heard that a Classaction suit has been filed against both FedEx and UPS over this . There is No reason for Those company to even do the customs paper worker when we shippers have to do them.
Message 712 of 950
latest reply

gigantic604
Community Member
I was wondering if people from US pay any brokerage fees if something arrive from Canada there?
Message 713 of 950
latest reply

junglejammies
Community Member

junglejammies
Community Member
This thread welcomes all those who shop on ebay and also are uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge in specific fields of shipping, postage, taxes and associated fees; lacking in the areas of language and literature; ignorant and non readers. Go ahead and post!

Message 715 of 950
latest reply

ahem... "FILLING OUT PAPERWORK" is not the same as "CLEARING ITEMS THRU CUSTOMS INTO CANADA" ...

(back to the drawing board to add another lesson to CC's Reading & Comprehension Course 101)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 716 of 950
latest reply

stevew9070
Community Member
this canuckchat guy must be paid by UPS. he keeps saying it's a business. the problem is it's not honest. when i go buy a car or anything else they'll tell me how much at the end. most people never even hear of a brokerage fee. how can you make a decision if you don't even know what it's going to cost. UPS is sneaky and deserves to go under just like any other dishonest company.
Message 717 of 950
latest reply

kazoobers
Community Member
True enough... but if they do go under the US Government will be there to bail them out 😉
Bobby Heenan
Message 718 of 950
latest reply

... i'm not paid by UPS .. i simply have lived life a bit more fully than others and understand BUSINESS ... couriers have to BROKER goods into the country ... thats the whole thing in a nutshell... if you worked in a business at some point in your lifetime that transacted goods back and forth across the border, you might also have this kind of information in your head ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message 719 of 950
latest reply

I am in my senior years also, but I disagree with the above post. If brokerage fees were, in fact, as much as UPS charges, then why don't other cross-border carriers also charge the same? How can the post office do it for $5, and FedEd for $10, but UPS needs $45?

UPS are hosing the receivers, not the shippers.
Message 720 of 950
latest reply