Bad tracking number or tracking number shows no movement

Hi all, I purchased an item from a seller  in Canada. He provided a tracking number, however when I check the number it shows only one message "Tracking number provided". No transit, no movement, nothing, and it's been 10 days? Has anyone had experience with this before? And what did you do to address the situation?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bad tracking number or tracking number shows no movement

@andyandted 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/No-Store-Shipping-Supplies-Coupon-2nd-January-in-a-row/t...

See post 33. Kinda similar. Hopefully this is NOT the new normal for Canadian/US tracked mail?

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Take a copy of the tracking number and view it on the Canada Post website.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/tools.page

Viewing the tracking number from eBay can give a messy questionable  view of the tracking record

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@cumos55 

Please review the attached link to post 33. What is displayed is exactly what is still currently displayed at eBay's tracking and Canadapost's tracking. Explanation attached was from customer service at eBayshippingsupplies. Considering tracking is what eBay relies on for grading sellers and buyers refer to for updates it is imperative information is correct and in real time.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

yes, as a Canadian seller what you experienced was common in the lead up to Xmas. I have had quite a few items where this is what it shows, including one currently, and one happened where I was in conversation with the customer who got it despite it never being scanned once. He lived on the east coast of the US where I have noticed the most delays occurring over the last couple months (that may be because its the opposite end of the continent from me, mind you.)

This has been addressed in previous threads, the main reasons I have heard are the items not getting scanned by USPS in the Xmas rush due to COVID safety precautions (limited contact policies), being swamped and staffed by many seasonal noobs who didnt know enough to scan the package. Many times the items are not getting scanned until received at US Customs.

Honestly, I don't have any doubt it will either get scanned soon - post Xmas backlogs are still being worked through many places across Canada and the US, especially on the east coast - or if it doesn't, I would just remain patient, stay in contact with the seller to apprise them of the situation if the timeline concerns you, but please be assured even though its not showing up on the network, its on its way to you and it will get there. From my experience next to nothing disappears between Canada and the US.
Best of luck!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply