No Store Shipping Supplies Coupon 2nd January in a row!

Well, it happened again, 2 nd year in a row, no free shipping supplies coupon for my store subscription. I get the other 3 coupons for 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. Some may remember the exact same thing happened last year. After hours on the phone and emailing them copies of my paid subscription invoices I finally gave up. It cost me $35. So this year I've spent a half hour so far and the CSR says she will email me. She said the same thing as eBay said last year...

"Toni Rose8:39 AM

I have checked on your account and found that it shows that there is no current store subscription on the account." 

Good grief... eBay.ca/str/intimewithmusic  Please fix this eBay. Not about to lose the $35 again!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Thank you. Except for 1 of a kind items I've decided to bundle many things US bound to 700 - 1000 grams just under $23 over all states. I'm level 1.
Message 21 of 33
latest reply

I have the same results except for Germany. As soon as the package leaves the country no word. Sometime something gets a scan but rarely a delivery confirmation. The only way you know if it was delivered is by feedback if you're lucky to get it.
Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

Just got my coupon moments ago.....

I got mine too. I was so excited I bought supplies and forgot to enter it at checkout... So I went back and bought some more supplies LOL

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

Yes, but if you really DO have a fire, whatever you do, don't call the fire department! ;>)
Message 24 of 33
latest reply

With only 32 items to choose from I have trouble too. I usually end up spending 3 times the coupon value. I forgot to enter my code. got the Pay pal invoice this morning. Cancelling was more trouble than it was worth. Ended up placing a second order. I'm not just "invisible" I'm an invisible idiot!
Message 25 of 33
latest reply

@intimewithmusic wrote:

@travis7s wrote:

That tracked packet rate is only for a 2kg box. Tracked packets start at ~$14. There's also the ebay "hack" where you can get tracking on Small Packets for as little as ~$8. (this has been very spotty during this holiday season though I have noticed)

Here's some clarrification and my understanding of the new eBay "Standard Envelope for Trading Cards" available to US Sellers through USPS.

According to the podcast the trading card category is for field testing to see if the program is successful. If it moves forward it could encompass items fitting the following parameters;

1. Items less than a 1/4 inch thick & weighing under 3 ounces (85 Grams)
2. Items with a selling price of under $20 USD
3. Program announced December 15
4. Cost of the 1st class tracked postage (AKA USPS Informed Delivery)Same as regular stamps. No additional cost. IE 75 cents & Full tracking.
5. Seller prints "stamps" via eBay.com label system to apply to a regular envelope.
6. Qualifies US Seller for eBay.com Top Seller Status.

This program if expanded to "ephemera, coins, stamps etc" gives US sellers selling to US buyers a huge advantage. I don't think the items qualify for internatinal tracking because they would have to have Canada Post in parntership.

There are some more parameters. More details are available here

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/11/1604540462.html

Here's my idea... Ebay US seems to get all the breaks when it comes to postage. Wait until the Standard envelope for Trading Card Program expands to everything under 85 grams. How about Ebay Canada makes a deal on International postage with Canada Post? Ebay to absorb 25% and Canada Post to offer a 25% discount and Canadian ebay stores get 50% off of International Tracked Packages. I recently received 2 positive feedbacks from France but the customer complained in his comments about the shipping costs. From what I see many Canadian sellers only sell to the US because tracking is so expensive. The 50% incentive might change many of those sellers to go global. It's time Canadian Sellers got a break!

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

@intimewithmusic 

What form of tracking are you using?

Because if it is LetterPost with Registration, that only tracks within Canada.

(Based on the shakey premise that many "paper" seller use cheap rapid LetterPost. )

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

@intimewithmusic 

Canada Post has a precedent for cheap international postage.

They sell self stamped postcards which are valid for sending to any location on the planet.

And they once issued a sheet of self stick stamps which were valid for any destination and apparently any weight.

CANADA ALASKA PICTURE POSTAGE.jpeg

The full sheet proclaims "For payment in Canada and delivery worldwide".  There were very few printed and the sheets are very collectible. DH has never seen one used on cover.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

Nice. I still have my stamp collection from 1965. Probably nothing of value but after all these years I should probably find out.
Message 29 of 33
latest reply

Right now I'm experiencing regular delivery times from BC down the west coast to LA . the opposite to be said for packages headed to New York and Florida. the Florida bound tracked pack was shipped Dec 15 and didn't even make it to San Fran customs until Jan 7. For some reason it sat in Richmond BC. 

Message 30 of 33
latest reply

If I had a large feedback score I might try letter post. Until then everything under 2kg is Tracked Package. I haven't been rushing things. I've spent a lot of time learning the ropes. I'm ready now to ramp up listing. One thing I just did that seems to be helping was changing my payment policy from "immediate" to 2 days delayed. I seem to be shipping more combined shipments. So far no "unpaid item" problems. I had a retail musical instrument store for 20 years. Collections are a big part of that business so I'm not afraid of a few unpaid items here and there. At least I still have the items! LOL

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

USPS has been a mess this holiday season.

Not only was the workforce depleted by COVID, but also the number of parcels was apparently more than double even the usual holiday surge.

Add to that the top management refusing to allow overtime work, telling carriers to bring undelivered parcels back to the depot at the end of shift, not replacing the removed sorting machines , and removing corner mailboxes giving counter clerks more work. And an increase in the number of mailed in ballots.

The workforce has coped pretty well under the circumstances and we can only hope that under a Biden administration, that top management will be replaced with people who actually understand why the Post Office is an import public service and who want it to succeed.  And maybe rid it of that ridiculous pension boondoggle.

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

To anyone who has recently placed an order with the Shipping Supply Folks and not seeing any tracking updates, except below.

Ebay Tracking:

• Jan 6, 2021  12:09pm
  • Electronic information submitted by shipper
  • Jan 6, 2021  12:09pm
  • Tracking number provided

Canadapost Tracking:

• Jan. 6  
  • Electronic information submitted by shipper

Message from ebayshippingsuppliescanada:

Jan 11,2021

Thank you for placing an order with eBayshippingsuppliescanada. We are sorry to hear your order couldn't be tracked online. After checking with the post office today they let us know that the online tracking information will not be updated as frequent and deliveries are being delayed significantly due to Covid-19. Their team is currently working on the shipments we transmitted from 1/6/2021 and the online progress should start shortly.

We are also monitoring the tracking closely for your package to ensure that it does start moving through the online network in the coming days. We hope this information is useful and sincerely apologize again for any inconvenience caused by the delay in receiving the order through the post. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team if we can provide further assistance.

When there is no or limited available information between the 2 sites this could definitely be will be causing issues for sellers and buyers alike until it is properly acknowledged and addressed.

-Lotz

Message 33 of 33
latest reply