No Store Shipping Supplies Coupon 2nd January in a row!

Well, it happened again, 2 nd year in a row, no free shipping supplies coupon for my store subscription. I get the other 3 coupons for 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. Some may remember the exact same thing happened last year. After hours on the phone and emailing them copies of my paid subscription invoices I finally gave up. It cost me $35. So this year I've spent a half hour so far and the CSR says she will email me. She said the same thing as eBay said last year...

"Toni Rose8:39 AM

I have checked on your account and found that it shows that there is no current store subscription on the account." 

Good grief... eBay.ca/str/intimewithmusic  Please fix this eBay. Not about to lose the $35 again!

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

@intimewithmusic wrote:

Well, it happened again, 2 nd year in a row, no free shipping supplies coupon for my store subscription. I get the other 3 coupons for 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter. Some may remember the exact same thing happened last year. After hours on the phone and emailing them copies of my paid subscription invoices I finally gave up. It cost me $35. So this year I've spent a half hour so far and the CSR says she will email me. She said the same thing as eBay said last year...

"Toni Rose8:39 AM

I have checked on your account and found that it shows that there is no current store subscription on the account." 

Good grief... eBay.ca/str/intimewithmusic  Please fix this eBay. Not about to lose the $35 again!

My BBB (Big Bonus Bucks) reward just arrived within the last few hours. In checking past messages it was anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th. Email has not arrived from ebay but displays on purchases page. Email arrived in Gmail at 8:48 am. Nothing as of yet for Shipping Supplies. Similar pattern noted for arrival in past for those also. Those messages go out in some sort of batch arrangement. You may not be first but you could be next. Fingers crossed it shows up for you.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

Thanks. Yes, maybe "the cheque's in the mail". If it comes I'll post an update. Frankly I feel like I've been "kicked off the team" being told by eBay, for a second year in a row, my eBay store doesn't exist.
Message 3 of 33
latest reply

I don't think that anyone has  received it yet so it's too soon to worry about it.

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

Thank you for the input but the same thing happened to me last year causing me to lose the $35. Otherwise I'd be happy to wait. The service rep should be able to provide that info. She shouldn't have kept me engaged in a chat for 30 minutes telling me she would return in 2 minutes every time. It's not simply the loss of the time and money last year and we'll see what happens this year. At least 3 CSRs have told me I don't have a store. Frankly it's somewhat insulting when I have to prove to eBay I'm actually their Seller and I have a store. Pretty unprofessional and disrespectful.

Message 5 of 33
latest reply

@intimewithmusic It's too bad eBay CS doesn't have an undo/fix button at their disposal. It would come in most handy for situations like these. They could get "In Time" with current advances in technology!! -Lotz
Message 6 of 33
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:
@intimewithmusicIt's too bad eBay CS doesn't have an undo/fix button at their disposal. It would come in most handy for situations like these. They could get "In Time" with current advances in technology!! -Lotz

Ebay seller service is often helpful. I fill the surveys out favorably as we all should. That said eBay has plenty of signs I have a store. Like my Seller account subscription fees. It's all over Google. eBay assigned us "ebay.ca/str/intimewithmusic". InTimeWithMusic is visible and this issue is seemingly a simple fire to put out but it's taking years.

We are working hard behind the scenes developing sources within the music industry. Templates. Research. Shipping. Customer Service. Competing with USA shipping rates and things like "Media Mail" are huge disadvantages. Recently added to that is the new "eBay Tracked Standard Envelopes". They will make it very hard for Canadian sellers that sell sports cards, stamps, light ephemera and much more. From Canada our cheapest tracked service to the US costs $23. 

Where was I? Oh yah, " The eBay.ca store that got misplaced..."

It reminds me of the Steve Martin movie "Roxanne" with Daryl Hannah. I love that movie. I'm from Nelson BC where it was filmed. Born and grew up on those very streets. I got my tongue stuck on one of those sidewalk handrails. I hung helpless with my boot stuck climbing one of those trees. When I was eight I sped down a hill on my bike near the famous Steve Martin "tennis racket fight" scene. "Game!" At the bottom I T-boned a car. It was a sight. Totaled my bike. Dented the car. I had a license plate. No insurance... okay so I was eight. The driver took me to the hospital. The worst part? All I had on was my bathing suit that was full of stolen apples... Lotsa road rash and I bruised my apples... including the stolen ones. I digress... Oh yah, eBay...

You may remember the firehall scene in Roxanne. The firemen are upstairs playing pool. Steve Martin (the fire chief) comes in the door. He sees an unattended garbage can engulfed in flames at the bottom of the pole. Mr. Martin exclaims, "If the citizens of Nelson SHOULD ever have a REAL fire, we don't want them to say, "Whatever you do don't call the fire department!"

I forget...Did I say I called eBay for help? They told me I don't have a store...

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

That tracked packet rate is only for a 2kg box. Tracked packets start at ~$14. There's also the ebay "hack" where you can get tracking on Small Packets for as little as ~$8. (this has been very spotty during this holiday season though I have noticed)

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

The cheapest tracked pack (under 500 grams) to the US I've gotten is $18.24. Possibly you get a level 2 discount? A tracked pack "Ebay hack" for $8 is something I'm unaware of. Can you please let me know how that works? Thanks!
Message 9 of 33
latest reply

UPDATE: JAN 4

I rec'd an email from Customer Service this morning. Apparently my store is "invisible" to eBay do to a "technical problem with their site". The matter has been forwarded to their technical team.

I give credit where credit is due and eBay has credited my seller account with the lost funds.

Thanks to everyone for your input and suggestions!

Wayne

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

@travis7s wrote:

That tracked packet rate is only for a 2kg box. Tracked packets start at ~$14. There's also the ebay "hack" where you can get tracking on Small Packets for as little as ~$8. (this has been very spotty during this holiday season though I have noticed)

Here's some clarrification and my understanding of the new eBay "Standard Envelope for Trading Cards" available to US Sellers through USPS.

According to the podcast the trading card category is for field testing to see if the program is successful. If it moves forward it could encompass items fitting the following parameters;

1. Items less than a 1/4 inch thick & weighing under 3 ounces (85 Grams)
2. Items with a selling price of under $20 USD
3. Program announced December 15
4. Cost of the 1st class tracked postage (AKA USPS Informed Delivery)Same as regular stamps. No additional cost. IE 75 cents & Full tracking.
5. Seller prints "stamps" via eBay.com label system to apply to a regular envelope.
6. Qualifies US Seller for eBay.com Top Seller Status.

This program if expanded to "ephemera, coins, stamps etc" gives US sellers selling to US buyers a huge advantage. I don't think the items qualify for internatinal tracking because they would have to have Canada Post in parntership.

There are some more parameters. More details are available here

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2020/11/1604540462.html

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

The $14 tracked packet is for 100g or less. (its slightly cheaper if you are on Level 2)

The "hack" is just uploading the "URxxxxxxxx" number from Small Packets into eBay. The number can't be tracked on Canada Post or USPS.com but USPS actually does scan these and it will eventually show up on ebay and can be used as delivery confirmation. I'm not sure if its because of the crazy holiday season or what, but I haven't had a URxxxxxx update in eBay since Nov 20, so its not a guaranteed thing.

Message 12 of 33
latest reply

@travis7s wrote:

The $14 tracked packet is for 100g or less. (its slightly cheaper if you are on Level 2)

The "hack" is just uploading the "URxxxxxxxx" number from Small Packets into eBay. The number can't be tracked on Canada Post or USPS.com but USPS actually does scan these and it will eventually show up on ebay and can be used as delivery confirmation. I'm not sure if its because of the crazy holiday season or what, but I haven't had a URxxxxxx update in eBay since Nov 20, so its not a guaranteed thing.

@intimewithmusic 

March to October for the UR packages I was running at approximately 85% getting scanned at SF/LAX and then intermediate scans before final delivery. Nov to now closer to 10 or 15 % getting ANY scan. Some are arriving quickly (7 to 10 business days/feedback). The balance 15 to 25 days.

Until everything catches up to itself on all sides of the borders, many packages will be hit or miss for distant future and same goes for reliable scanning.

-Lotz

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

Just got my coupon moments ago.....

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

So did I..... Doesn't work mind you.....

Message 15 of 33
latest reply

And now it does work....

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Yes had the same thing happen. First it didn't accept the code & now it does. Am a little bummed out though. I have had a Premium Store all along but just downgraded to a Basic Store at the beginning of January/21 because of all the free listings. But looks like I am only getting the Basic Store coupon of $35.00 instead of $70.00.  You just can't win.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

@2nd-time-around-jewelry wrote:

Yes had the same thing happen. First it didn't accept the code & now it does. Am a little bummed out though. I have had a Premium Store all along but just downgraded to a Basic Store at the beginning of January/21 because of all the free listings. But looks like I am only getting the Basic Store coupon of $35.00 instead of $70.00.  You just can't win.

That was a bit mean. You had your store up until the end of Dec(based on most recent 3 month window) so you should have still qualified for the 70.00 buckeroos. My coupon arrived today (Jan 4 at 2:45) in Gmail promotions mail. Nothing as of yet in eBay email for either Bucks or Shipping Supplies. Was able to apply both with no technical difficulties other than trying to choose best value for free stuff at checkout. Choosing with eyes closed tends to be expensive!! Smiley Indifferent

-Lotz

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Same here, not much I could get for the $35, will have to pay an extra $20 to get what I want.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Got mine on the first Monday in January - January 4, after New Year's Day and the weekend.

Decided to splurge on $57 worth of big bubble envelopes reducing the cost to only $22 with the $35 coupon.

Which is about what I would pay from an eBay seller, but slightly smaller and without the branding.

Meh.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply