Different language on some listings.

Hello from Alberta. I collect costume jewelry and noticed that some sellers have english in their listings and then it switches back and forth to a different languages. It's looks like Germany or some other eastern european . The prices are in Euro's too.  Curious to know. Thanks Kindly, Holly

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Different language on some listings.

If the prices are in Euros they must be on one of the European sites. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I remember seeing an option in the eBay app to auto translate listing. Not in the desktop version. Oops I checked and the option is for eBay listing titles and not description.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@ace_4420 

If you happen to be on an international eBay website and it is in a different language you should see something like this when you arrive. This view is on a pc.

eBay.de

Ebay Translate.JPG

-Lotz

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you are using the Edge browser on a Windows 10 Desktop there is an extension add-on available named "Translator for Microsoft Edge". Translator is available for install within the Edge extensions menu,

Once installed the Translator icon resides at the right hand side of the address bar. Whenever a need for translation occurs all you need to do is click on the icon... works great, I've been using it quite often lately while researching European postcards.

Really cannot understand why so many continue to use the old Internet Explorer browser, The Edge IE replacement is every bit as good or better than Chrome and has none of the IE problems.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If the seller knows that many of her customers are unfamiliar with English, or if anglophone countries are a secondary market for her, it makes sense to translate the descriptions so all her customers have the information they need.

Puts me in mind of learning French from the back of the Kellogg's Corn Flakes package when I was a kid.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply