Error Code 70283

When I try to pay for an item I bought, I keep getting a red box that says "Your request could not be processed at this time." Error Code: 70283 This happens right after clicking on "Pay Now". It has been happening to me since yesterday & I've tried multiple times. Why is this happening?

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Error Code 70283

Have you checked your PayPal account?

Has the amount been charged to your account?

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

No the amount has not been charged, I'm simply not able to pay due to this problem.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Also the seller does not accept Paypal, but does accept Mastercard etc. I can't pay either way because this message pops up every time I click on "Pay Now"

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Are you using Chrome?

Try MS-Explorer or Firefox

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I was using MS-Explorer initially & I just tried Chrome & Firefox, same error code comes up.

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

When I try to pay for an item I bought, I keep getting a red box that says "Your request could not be processed at this time." Error Code: 70283 This happens right after clicking on "Pay Now". It has been happening to me since yesterday & I've tried multiple times. Why is this happening?

Hi hargitalaszlo,

Mind dropping me a note with the item number you're trying to pay for please? I'd like to see if we can give you a hand in completing this transaction.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Thanks I sent you an email

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I was able to make the payment on the American Ebay today. I am in Canada & the seller in the US, so it seems the problem is related to the Canadian Ebay.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I had the same issue, on the Canadian site and seller not accepting paypal. I've tried on the US site and I was able to complete payment. Ebay should really fix issue on Canadian site.
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

mcgraw2824
Community Member

I'm also having this issue and don't see a resolution in this thread. Any help or ideas would be great!

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

@mcgraw2824 wrote:

I'm also having this issue and don't see a resolution in this thread. Any help or ideas would be great!

The post above you suggests that signing into ebay.com and then paying might work. 

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I receive the same message when I press "Pay Now" button from the received e-mail or when I press "Proceed ti checkout" button from my Shopping cart. I can't proceed with the payment at all.

Do anyone have solution for this problem?

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I too am having this problem. I have tried switching browsers, and have also tried switching from ebay.ca to ebay.com with no luck.

I am located in Canada and the seller is in the United States. He also does not accept PayPal. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

the seller does not accept Paypal, but does accept Mastercard 

Contact the seller directly and send him your MC number. Our customers do this from time to time because we don't usually keep cc numbers on file. 

Most send half the number in one email and the rest in another. Don't know if that is more secure or if it just makes them feel better. 

The seller can then mark the item paid manually and ship. You are still protected by eBay and by your card's chargeback system. 

Message 15 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Chiming in as another experiencing this problem now, first for me. While trying to find an answer or fix for this problem, it made me keenly aware of another problem, it is genuinely difficult to actually "contact" eBay support.

Anyways my error code is different, 70053, but the action when hitting the paynow button is exactly the same.

Thoughts?

Thanks Kindly

Dan

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Ok never mind my post above, the system seems to have shaken loose, and my payment has been able to be sent.

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

I had this problem for a week, called eBay support 3x and no one could help me. The only advice I was given was "contact the seller" Really disappointing how staff can't figure out a solution as easy as going on eBay.com vs. eBay.ca. Now i have a unpaid item case on my account after eBay staff assured me it would not happen. Good job team.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

the same thing is happening to me now Man Sad

@hargitalaszlo wrote:

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Error Code 70283

Close your computer.

Not Sleep or Restart.

Close.

Go for a nice walk in the spring evening.

When you get back, turn the computer back on and toss your cookies.

Try again.

This is a zombie thread, but there are some other suggestions above that may possibly still work. Try them.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply