Found a page selling violently racist items

v946t_90
Community Member

Hi all, I stumbled across a page and found some very disturbing items for sale. There are multiple shirts/sweaters with different kinds of designs that praise Kyle Rittenhouse, a man who shot and murdered two Black Lives Matter protesters, gravely injured another, and is currently walking free. This man is widely celebrated by violent racists who loudly and proudly support the murder of Black people and their allies. American Patriots Apparel also sells shirts/hoodies that say “hospitalize your local antifa scumbag” which encourage extreme violence against anyone deemed “anti-fascist” by the wearer and their assumedly pro-fascist allies. I am appalled by the fact that this page has sold over 800 items up until this point and I think ebay is responsible for removing this hateful merchandise and punishing the seller for encouraging racist violence on this website.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

devon@ebay 

@v946t_90  There is a Report button on every listing and you should use it.

EBay does not usually do much if a single member reports, since it could be a competitor or a troll, but the more Reports they get from various members the more likely they are to act.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If the seller isn't using eBay Canada's website, there is nothing that can be done posting on this forum. Your heart is in the good place, but you have to complain where it's located (country of origin of seller and/or marketplace)...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I just bought 3 of the shirts. thanks OP!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply