GSP Items arrive after 5 MONTHS !!!!

I had completely given up hope of this package ever arriving. I placed the order on April 8, 2020 with an estimated arrival date if April 23rd. The package was delivered to the GSP centre on April 11th and then .... nothing. The estimated arrival date came and went, then I waited another 4 weeks before filling an INR claim with eBay. Then on Friday the package suddenly showed up in my mailbox, looking none the worse for wear after its' very long journey from New Jersey to Toronto. So the point is, USPS/GSP/CP may be flawed, but they do deliver in the end, albeit later rather than sooner. At least I'm happy that the refund came from eBay and not the seller as they certainly did nothing wrong.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: GSP Items arrive after 5 MONTHS !!!!

marnotom!
Community Member

Things started going COVID-inspired sideways for us in Canada about mid-March.  It took a bit longer for the Leader of the Free World to find a tenuous grasp on the situation, so your item had a pretty standard GSP delivery turnaround on it when you ordered it in early April.  The Global Shipping Center in Kentucky was likely caught flatfooted by an increase in package volume around that time.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Sounds good. I have a canceled order (lost at Erlanger KY GSP center) and a reorder at the USA GSP center (Still tracking). The canceled order isn't tracking and has been static, as last scanned on July 31 at Erlanger. The new order has been static as of Aug 25. So maybe the canceled/refunded order and the recorded item will both eventually show up. Crossing fingers.....for even just one.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Things seem to be picking up at the USA GSC as of the end of Aug. This item seems to be moving after only 5-6 days sitting in "Arrivals"

Message 4 of 4
latest reply