How to contact PBI/track a package from them?

kojer420
Community Member
I ordered a package from eBay which was shipped through their global shipping program. The info on eBay says it was successfully delivered but neither the post office nor I have received anything. My address is correct and this was the only 1 of 6 packages that was shipped from the US that I did not receive.. can anyone offer help/suggestions on how/where to find my package or possibly point me in the direction of someone who can?
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

I'm a very active eBay user and I've found the Global Shipping Program to be a total waste of time and money. eBay charges more and it takes longer. So, if you're a seller in the United States shipping to Canada, ignore the Global Shipping Program and just use The USPS. The Global Shipping Program is intended for packages going abroad but within North America, it's just an unnecessary stop.

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

@cpen6698 wrote:

I'm a very active eBay user and I've found the Global Shipping Program to be a total waste of time and money. eBay charges more and it takes longer. So, if you're a seller in the United States shipping to Canada, ignore the Global Shipping Program and just use The USPS. The Global Shipping Program is intended for packages going abroad but within North America, it's just an unnecessary stop.

As this is a discussion board on the eBay.ca site, you're not likely going to reach your intended audience of American sellers.  You may want to look through the many posts on the GSP on the eBay.com discussion boards to get a sense of the discussion of the program and post your concerns there.

It's important to consider that the GSP is actually more of a glorified forwarding service.  You're paying two sets of shipping fees, one to the seller to get the item out to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky, and one to Pitney Bowes who arranges shipping from Kentucky to the buyer.  If a seller offers "free" shipping for sales within the US, that's usually going to drop the shipping price of a GSP item considerably.

One should also keep in mind that eBay often automatically applies the GSP to listings where the seller hasn't specified any shipping information for locations outside of the US, and if the seller hasn't been keeping up with changes to the user agreement, they may not even be aware that the GSP is on their listings, and may not be aware that a shipment to Kentucky may actually be a shipment to a non-US buyer.

Finally, no one shipping method is perfect for everything.  After much homework on my part, I found the program worked well for mobile phones and I've purchased two mobiles forwarded through the GSP at a considerable cost savings over sellers using other shipping methods.  Some buyers have posted to this board saying that it also works well with heavy items such as auto parts.  If you're lucky enough to find a seller who knows they're using the GSP and using it to its best advantage, it can often work reasonably well.

The problem seems to be that those sellers are far and few between, so we're stuck with a lot of listings where the GSP is used inappropriately.

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

trevinbc
Community Member
I just received a message when tracking my parcel and it said that a delivery attempt was made and a message was left. There was no message left at my house. If it was delivered to the post office why wouldn't it say "item has been delivered to postal outlet", instead of "delivery attempt made". If it's there and not still in transit it would be nice to know. I guess I'll make a trip to the postal outlet without being notified as to whether it's there or not...
Message 23 of 41
latest reply

@trevinbc wrote:

I just received a message when tracking my parcel and it said that a delivery attempt was made and a message was left. There was no message left at my house. If it was delivered to the post office why wouldn't it say "item has been delivered to postal outlet", instead of "delivery attempt made". If it's there and not still in transit it would be nice to know. I guess I'll make a trip to the postal outlet without being notified as to whether it's there or not...

Is the post office the carrier for the item? While it usually is, it's not always the case.

Message 24 of 41
latest reply

trevinbc
Community Member
Not sure. All the e mail notifications I get from Canada Post have bar codes only and no info on which item has arrived. I don't know which ones I've already received and or which ones are still coming.
Message 25 of 41
latest reply

They don't always leave a notice. Or for whatever reason weather, kids, aliens and zombies, the notice was abducted. Often if you have the tracking number for the Canada Post package, the local postal outlet can find it and release it to you.

As far as it showing delivered to one's address, from what I recall, no signature is required for GSP items and there is no "DO NOT SAFE DROP" so if a postal worker feels it's safe to leave it at your door and it's stolen as happens during holidays, I don't know what course of action to take.
Message 26 of 41
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
This thread from just over a month ago may contain some useful info:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/My-package-was-apparently-delivered-to-my-community-mailb...
Message 27 of 41
latest reply

I tried going to the tracking page to check on my package but the page is just blank. Does anyone know how i can check the tracking?
Message 28 of 41
latest reply

Seems to work for me.  

Are you using https://parceltracking.pb.com ?

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

thank you but why all the hoops jumping PBI who knew these guys are into shipping .it started with FedEx I should be able just to call FedEx and pick up package whats up with these games .the tracking said the shipment it was delivered yesterday no note nothing. on the tracking pick up at PBI, not a clue where that is.sorry for the rant.
Message 30 of 41
latest reply

@2007josephm wrote:

thank you but why all the hoops jumping PBI who knew these guys are into shipping .it started with FedEx I should be able just to call FedEx and pick up package whats up with these games .the tracking said the shipment it was delivered yesterday no note nothing. 

Does the tracking information say that the shipment was delivered to your address in Canada?

The "delivery" information you're seeing may be referring to the item's delivery to the Global Shipping Center in Erlanger, Kentucky.

Try the link I posted back in message 29 if you haven't done so already.  I've found that the information on the Pitney Bowes tracking website is a bit more detailed than what you'll find on eBay.

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

hi my name is amanda  and i ordered off of ebay the sabrina the teenage witch electronic phone and i am wondering why i didn't recieve my purchase yet can you get back to me asap and let me know,

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

The process for opening an Item Not Received Dispute is explained on this page. 

You are posting on a public forum that anyone with internet can view so be careful of scammers contacting you through your eMail address.   

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

You have 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery to open an Item Not Received dispute through eBay.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

All you want from him is the date of shipping, the service used and the tracking number.

Actually what you want from him is a prompt refund, but this is a worst case.

If you don't get a refund from him, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim. This is still part of the Resolution Centre process.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the 30 day deadline has passed, you are still covered by Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The same system but you have 180 days fro m Payment to open a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

And if you sensibly also backed your PP account with a credit card, you still have the card's chargeback program as a last gasp.

But start with the Resolution Centre.

And remove your email address. EBay employees do not often come to this Board.

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

@aamandamandmaxwel_0 wrote:
 i ordered off of ebay the sabrina the teenage witch electronic phone and i am wondering why i didn't receive my purchase ...

You need to contact the Seller that sold you the phone for a tracking number.

If it was sent by mail: Canada Post has been dealing with rotating strikes for the last 3 weeks, this has slowed mail delivery.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

how do you get a refund if the package does not arrive on the scheduled date given?
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

I would give it more time as the mail can be slower right now. What does the tracking say? 

If the package does does seem to be lost you can go to the Resolution Center and check off that you haven’t received an item them.  This can be done the day after the last delivery date but if tracking shows that it is on its way you should wait longer.

https://resolutioncentre.ebay.ca

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

I'm waiting in Ontario for a bath stool.
Unfortunately my shipping address wasn't clear.
Is there any way to get this item delivered to Ontario??
The tracking number is
UPAAB000000331808538
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

Can you elaborate, please? What do you mean that your shipping address wasn't clear?

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

This discussion started in 2017....

If there is a problem in 2019....  Start a new discussion

Message 40 of 41
latest reply