I paid no taxes, no shipping?

Bought something for $275 and listing had $15 shipping. I bought now. I went to payment and it was flat $275. Payment proceed and it's awaiting shipment. Is there some sort of promotion? I did not got charged neither for shipping or taxes. 

I bought another item just before and got charged shipping/taxes as usual. Here's payment, as you can see there was nothing added. 

Capture d’écran 2023-10-22 032432.png

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

marnotom!
Community Member

Is this an item from Canada or elsewhere?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Domestic. 

The seller cancelled my order because he noticed it. Very frustrating. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Sorry to be dense. I should have figured out it was a Canadian listing from what you posted.  What’s the item number?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Won't share it. Nothing wrong with the listing. Tho it's a trading card, maybe it has something to do with authenticity guarantee? Seller cancelled saying there's a problem with my adress too. While in 3 years, i never had an order cancelled for having problems with my adress. And while i don't even think the seller has to ship to my adress (he has to ship to ebay). 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Hmm. According to the help page on the Order Cancellation Policy, “the ‘Issue with buyer's address’ reason is no longer available to sellers when canceling orders for items sold through Authenticity Guarantee.”

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/order-cancellation-policy?id=5298

I wonder if problems with applying the Authenticity Guarantee to the listing somehow kiboshed the shipping and tax information?

By the way, you do know why the seller chose the cancellation reason that he did, don’t you?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

“the ‘Issue with buyer's address’ reason is no longer available to sellers when canceling orders for items sold through Authenticity Guarantee.”

Looks like it's not respected. The listing i purchased had the autheticity guarantee badge, was over $250, and the cancellation reason is problem with adress. 

you do know why the seller chose the cancellation reason that he did, don’t you?

He sent one message saying he's packing, one message saying the shipping cost is missing, then third message was about cancelling because of shipping missing and canada post having problem in their system with my adress. My adress can have 2 different city names, i use the bigger, i know it's different if you look at postal codes finder so i thought he was honest. I updated my details to help then he went ghost. I think the order had a glitch about shipping and taxes, and he took the opportunity to trick me and back out of the tracnsaction. The problem with adress is most likely false. As said i figured he did not even have to ship to my adress. 

Edit: actually i watched a video online and it was showing 'print free label' in orders to ship at authentification. It was US but maybe this is why i did not have shipping added. Does shipping to authenticity guarantee is free to seller? 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I read the part in the Policy to mean that sellers don't have the option to use the "issue with buyer's address" option for cancelling a sale made through the Authenticity Guarantee.  The fact that he was able to use that option and seemed to be struggling with your address suggests to me that your addresses were coming up for him, but not the one to which he should be shipping.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I read the part in the Policy to mean that sellers don't have the option to use the "issue with buyer's address" 

I read that too. But he had the option still. 

After researchs i confirm, shipping to authentification is covered by ebay. It's free to seller. This is why my shipping cost was removed. They probably don't charge taxes automatically too for whatever reason. 

This is a weird situation because it seems like there was glitches, and it seems like the seller lying on some points at the same time to back out. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

My understanding of the Authentication Program is that “free to seller” means that the seller doesn’t have to pay any fees to use it. Buyers still pay shipping (and who knows what else) as usual.

I think there’s one of two possible things going on here. The first possible scenario is that the seller had no idea that the AP was applied to this listing and has no idea how it works. They got confused and panicked.

The second possible scenario is that the seller knows a bit about the AP and is confused and panicking because they don’t feel comfortable that the item is going to pass inspection. They’re trying to shut the sale down so the item doesn’t go anywhere.

Neither scenario explains why taxes and shipping don’t show up at Checkout, unfortunately. This may be just a coincidental glitch, as you suggest.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I think that shipping sneakers in the listing is free for sellers in the US but I didn't find that on the help pages about trading cards. I looked at listings on both sites and many AG listings charge for shipping.

Are you in Quebec or am I thinking of someone else?

According to ebay Canada  https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling-tools/ebay-authenticity-guarantee?id=4644&st=3&pos=1&query=...

Authenticity Guarantee is not currently available to residents of Quebec.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Good catch, @pjcdn2005, but would that apply to buyers as well as sellers?
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Probably, but I'm not sure. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Wow i never seen that. Why are they snobbing quebec? 

Also when i list i have a authenticity guarantee badge on my listings, and when i buy i see listings with badges too. So it's broken? It would great to have clarifications on this situation as quebec residents. Because from what ebay show me, my listings are eligible and what i buy too. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply