MIA packages

Hi,recently had three seperate buys not arrive. All three made first part of Jan.,all from Canada. Have bought from all three before and no problems,two several times. Wrote all three and was reassured items sent. One seller suggested post service hires extra people due to busy time of the year,makes sense. Due to past history believe sellers sent items. One seller sent a replacement,arrived no problem. One seller offered replacement,sent but not yet in. Last seller offered to refund if items don`t show by certain date. I never contacted last seller to state no item as of yet.

My feeling is postal theft due to part time worker.I contacted post service and after repeatedly  stating no tracking,not after anything other than to be recognized that possible problem in their system finally had some basic info taken.  

My question really is,who`s responsible. Should I ask for replacements,money back.I do believe the sellers are victims here as well.

And possibly to save some time,not interested in being penalized in any way because of not paying the big bucks for tracking,still paying for a service,shouldn`t be okay to steal my stuff unless pay a premium. 

So,who should pay,do I write it off or ?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MIA packages

Sorry,answered to quickly.I do worry about it.I only started the one case through this.The one on the tracked package.That was also done with the sellers consent.

These most recent mia`s the one seller just resent, I didn`t even know.Another seller resent with a discussion(his idea) and the third I told will write it off,wasn`t worth the paper work,he offered a refund however.

That is all part of it,I like dealing with these people,I don`t want to have them not welcome me over something not their fault.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It may not be the seller's fault, but it is the seller's responsibility to make sure the item arrives.

It was good of you to report the problem to the post office. It may prevent you from having problems in the future.

There are lots of reasons that mail can go missing or have long delivery times in Canada. Traffic accidents (the usual untracked item goes by truck), weather problems, equipment problems, careless employees, theft is usually non-post office thieves.

Here's an old example: http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2015/12/05/canada-post-truck-collision-scatters-deliveries-across...

-..-

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

For your own information and also for future reference, this is the link for reporting lost lettermail. While lettermail is untracked and also uninsured, assertively notifying Canada Post Corporation of a problem can help get to the bottom of said problem. As ydpc-dennis says, the cause is rarely theft but more likely some breakdown in process. On the rare occasion where an actual single employee is found to be to responsible, it's just as likely to be a mental or physical health issue presenting them from properly doing their job as it might be deliberate theft.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=how_to_resolve_undel&cattype=kb&cat=receivi...

When I think back to 'mail theft' stories that have hit the news where I live over the past decade, half were widely publicized theft cases where CPC made sure the employee was charged under the Criminal Code, and the other half were cases where the carrier took mail home or simply hid it because it was just more than they could handle. Regardless, CPC is in the business of delivering mail, they want to ensure it's actually happening. And if it isn't, they need to know. 

I'm also reminded of a time here on ebay Community where a handful of sellers found themselves complaining about sudden and extremely high rates of Items Not Received and discovered they were all using the same street deposit box; they took that matter to Canada Post and the police. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Doing the right thing or should it be A lesson in futility.

The saga continues

As mentioned initially contacted Canada post via phone,after repeatedly interrupting to state,yes you can help me in spite of no tracking #, just give me a moment to explain was allowed that concession. Minimuim info taken,patronized would have been a step up.

Look at the post site again,follow the trail,find the complaint section.Looks good.The required info trail begins.  Okay,ebay monikers not adequate,understand. Go to paypal info,not enough there for them . Hey,why not phone the ebay customer service for possible direction/help. After aprox the fifth time of stating,no,don`t want to start a not received claim,could you please direct me to the right people for a possible security issue or at least someone who can get past the start a claim process hang up.Not sure as the English wasn`t good enough to really understand but hope no claim started,wasn`t my intention. Okay,start emailing sellers to get required info for page one of the postal ticket request page. Can`t advance to see all required info,page one first you know. Get first response. Perfectly clear can only enter one request at a time so figure,why not,start the first one. Now on to page two,more info required. Okay,back to emailing sellers,requesting more stuff. First one replies fairly quickly,enter info,page three now. Instead of page three go to info page where all started. Took to long,timer ran out. Gotta type faster. At explanation page put contact me for info,can`t type fast enough.Adequate for explanation,bet not. Back to beginning,re-enter info. So now after dedicating the entire day so far have two service tickets filled for the post,one to go. 

Two of the sellers didn`t seem to want to file a mia ticket with the post,the third mentioned never  went anywhere before in a  comment. I can see why people don`t want to get involved.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

As originally stated by momcqueen, this is really not your responsibility.

Do you still have time to open the Not Received disputes on eBay?

If not, you have time (180 days from payment) to open disputes on Paypal.

The PP Resolution Center is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

While I do appreciate your response and agree to a point there are other things to consider

I had this happen a couple months ago,luckily it was a tracked package so pretty straight forward.

Now a couple months later three more claims to file,all with highly regarded sellers that I like dealing with and would like to keep up a good relationship.

Do you as a seller like dealing with people that start actions against you?

Two days from now another parcel will be enroute? for one full month,another from a 100% seller,if not in soon do I start another claim and burn another bridge,not to mention starting to make me look like  may be up to something.

And another thing comes to play,I don`t throw people to the wolves because it`s easier for me.There is a time to stand up.It is my mail disappearing,not thiers in spite of a rule initiated as part of a marketing scheme.

I don`t work hard to keep a good feedback,I don`t want to start now.

My complaint is the difficulty to do the right thing.They don`t make it easy,to many people with the ``It`s not my/your responsibility`` when at times it really is.It is my mail,I paid for it and I expect it.I don`t want to take the time to reshop,rebuy  rewait.

How many times does the same thing have to happen before a person can start to feel like a target and maybe take a shot back?

It seems moral issues today are dependant upon company policy.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I am glad to see my items to you have been received, But from a seller's perspective,  I would be worried about paypal flagging to many items' not received cases..  So i would be sure to work with your buyers,  then if still not happy file an item not received..

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

For me its getting to the point where I prefer to go to the root of the problem.An occasional mishap okay.

To many now.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Sorry,answered to quickly.I do worry about it.I only started the one case through this.The one on the tracked package.That was also done with the sellers consent.

These most recent mia`s the one seller just resent, I didn`t even know.Another seller resent with a discussion(his idea) and the third I told will write it off,wasn`t worth the paper work,he offered a refund however.

That is all part of it,I like dealing with these people,I don`t want to have them not welcome me over something not their fault.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

We have had to make a few claims before for items not arrived from sellers we have bought from before. We just tell them that if it ever does show up we will repay them for the item. When the items finally did show up like 70 days after purchase we just repayed the sellers. Post marks showed the real shipping dates which matched the sellers marked ship dates.

This huge delay in the shipping is becoming real common lately (last 9 months or so). Not the fault of these sellers.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I'm waiting for a package like that now.

Bought /paid/ shipped in late December.

A month later, nothing- tracking shows it in Canada (from USA).

A week later,nothing.

Seller refunds - we had agreed to do a Dispute.

Reordered same item from same seller.

Feb 10, package arrives.

Dated Dec. 28.

So I have my first (refunded) purchase, and somewhere out there is the second (paid) purchase.

I will be refunding if I end up with two copies of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend , Seasons One and Two. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have 3 packages tracked from Yanwen, leaving HKG and arriving at Toronto Pearson a month ago, then silence; no tracking from Yanwen nor trackability through Canada Post, and the packages do not arrive.
Why would they be stuck there and not delivered? Has this happened for anyone else?
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I just wanted to thank the OP for being a responsible and understanding buyer who’s willing to communicate and work with a seller with these missing mail cases instead of going straight to filing an INR. I hope you can get to the bottom of this with Canada Post as so many losses do seem strange.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply