Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

Don't let it go past Day 30,however.

With a few holidays in there including the cluster..k that is American Thanksgiving, I'd allow a little extra over the usual 20 days for delivery from the USA.

Message 101 of 3,104
latest reply

Thanks!

Message 102 of 3,104
latest reply

Thanks! 

Message 103 of 3,104
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kalvin & to any eBay, it seems that there are way too many pages focusing on GSP for too long and with lots of rave and griefs, complaints, etc., do you think it is time for eBay to do something about it?

Like retiring GSP?  Maybe it is okay for International countries but not for Canada unless very heavy and expensive but not for overall for small items, like trading card, photos, magazines, etc.

Unless eBay likes GSP so much that they don't want to retire because they get to charge sellers the final value fees on very way high shipping costs with GSP?

I am amazed that eBay continues to "ignore" us and not to do something about it, like fix it or better to "retire" GSP completly.

Message 104 of 3,104
latest reply

" they get to charge sellers the final value fees on very way high shipping costs with GSP?"

???

eBay does not charge FVF on the PB shipping or import charges.

Message 105 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi brao2011.

Sorry this one seems to be taking a while. 

If it doesn't arrive in the next day or two please send me a Private Message and includ your transaction details (transaction #, tracking #s, etc., etc.) and I'll see what i can do from this end. 

Thanks. 

---Ben

Message 106 of 3,104
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I am amazed that eBay continues to "ignore" us and not to do something about it, like fix it or better to "retire" GSP completly.

I am amazed, too.  I am amazed that there are buyers out there who seem to find it difficult to "ignore" GSP listings and find other sellers on the site who don't ship through the program.

But if you'd like the GSP "fixed", have you got any concrete suggestions that eBay may be able to implement?  Keep in mind that they can't stop charging us for taxes as commercial carriers are legally bound to do this, and from what I can see, much of the time the fees for doing this and other customs-related activities are far more reasonable than the alternatives.

Message 107 of 3,104
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never said on import charges, only on shipping costs.  YES!! eBay DO CHARGE final value fees on shipping costs!!!  Go check your monthly statements!

When any of your items got sold, eBay automatically charges final value fees on the sold item and when you get the payment for the items, then eBay charges another final value fees on the shipping costs!  Check it out!!

AS what is BP stands for?  Thanks.

Message 108 of 3,104
latest reply

YES!! eBay DO CHARGE final value fees on shipping costs!!!  Go check your monthly statements!

Not on the GSP shipping charges from KY, or the import charge element. Only on the seller's lowest domestic charge.

BP, by which I assume you mean PB stands for Pitney Bowes, the organiser of the international shipping and delivery.

Message 109 of 3,104
latest reply

"Go check your monthly statements!"

I did and cannot find a single charge by eBay for FVF on shipping charges, not a single one when GSP is involved.

Message 110 of 3,104
latest reply

@brao2011 wrote:

Hello,

Need some insight on how this works- I made a purchase from a US based seller on October 11, and the shipping was done through the global shipping program to be delivered to Milton,Canada. The seller shipped it to the ebay address on October 15, and the tentative timeframe of receipt was supposed to be by Oct 25. However, the last update recorded (as of today) is as of Oct 18 and it says "Processing at US Shipping Center" Erlanger KY 41018. 

I contacted the seller and he confirmed that he had shipped priority to the ebay address and he was trying to obtain information from ebay/post department. However, there is no further update on the tracking beyond Oct 18th. 

Should I be concerned? what are the next steps? Please share your suggestions.

Thanks!

Brao2011: Since you are a GSP buyer ,any case opened  on seller,  will  be canceled against that seller and will be handled through Ebay GSP !     Your seller is No! Longer Responable for your Item when it is delieverd to the Ky. GSP hub. It is now GSP and your problem!  Because Buyer brotection Loop hole seller still has to call up ebay to cancel the case  filed on them . From what I have heard the Buyer protection will be changed to reflect all  INR and SNAD Damge complaints  from GSP buyers  to Ebay GSP insurance  .

Message 111 of 3,104
latest reply

I see the import fees what has me worried is the following

seller ships 500 copies to 10,000 copies for the same ship price $10.38

so this make me think it will go the the Global shipping place then I will get a pitney bowes mystery charge for the actual $400 shipping or something of the sort ..

I know last time I purchase something the mis Fee was $22 above import fees etc..

Message 112 of 3,104
latest reply

item no.?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 113 of 3,104
latest reply

I bought couple items with GSP.

I always did it through dot com site as the import fee is always valid there.

I notice if the seller give free shipping within USA the shipping cost to me is always same ($10 some cent) no matter how weight of the parcel. I am in Toronto.

Message 114 of 3,104
latest reply

600 envelopes Value $60

Message 115 of 3,104
latest reply

Message 116 of 3,104
latest reply

The charges are right there in the listing, if you buy multiple lots of 600 the shipping and "import charges" both go up.

You are right though, this is one of the situations where the GSP falls apart (although it might be good for you). There is no way they can actually ship 600 bubble mailers for $10, I think this happens because the seller ships domestic for free so they don't use the calculator and don't enter a weight or size. Pitney-Bowes are guessing and they are guessing badly!

I'd love to hear what happens if you actually order, wouldn't surprise me if PB somehow find a way to cancel.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 117 of 3,104
latest reply

jmck667
Community Member

Kalvin couple questions.
1) Is there a calculator for a buyer to determin fees on items they plan to bid on? Obviously not an issue on fixed price listings, one has the price, shipping, estimated PB charges so one knows for the most part what the final tally would be.

The items I collect that I would bid on with GPS in place are by the box (lot with many vintage pieces together) auction listings. I'd love to know how to pre calculate any fees incurred on a "high bid" I'm considering since the end price can be vastly different from where the auction will sit at during the week. I did "win" a gsp listing last night, since I didn't know exactly what the final total could be I put a much lower bid then I would have if it were listed with USPS to Canada shipping. (Actually a bit surprised I was the highest bid.)

2) From reading I understand currently there is no way for a seller to combine shipping on items with this program, is there any plans to allow that? Small mostly inexpensive vintage toys listed individually that would easily be shipped 2-3 at a time from the sale seller for a similar cost as shipping one are not worth purchasing with GSP and paying shipping/fees on each separately.

Message 118 of 3,104
latest reply

Sorry, one final question!

My other concern is having a purchase opened and repackaged at the distribution center. As a buyer all I want is the correct item(s) well packaged by my seller in the condition described without anything missing. My catagory has some fragile pieces (lots of tiny pieces too). Another collector or toy dealer knows how to package properly, but someone not familiar with the hobby would not. Any suggestions to avoid this happening to one of my purchases would be wonderful.

Message 119 of 3,104
latest reply

Thanks Ben! Much appreciated! I have PM'd you the information. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks again!

Message 120 of 3,104
latest reply