Receive Invoice from Fed Ex one Month later for Product purchase from USA

I received some products from the USA about a month ago.   Total declared value on the invoice is $50, even though I paid about 4 times that.  Surprise invoice from Fed Ex in the mail today for almost $13.  

Also, no easy way to pay, just a Remittance paper.  Nothing directing you to online payment whatsoever. Looks like you gotta take this right to the bank?!

Watch out using FED EX from US folks.  GST was under 3.00 and they are hitting me with a 10.00 advancement fee. What the heck is that?!

Scammers!

There is no reasoning with the unreasonable.
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

marnotom!
Community Member
To wit, this week my spouse received in the mail an invoice for taxes, duty and a reasonable processing fee for an item her seller sent from Asia by FedEx Worldwide Saver. We were able to easily pay it through online banking.

I do have to wonder how some people claiming "extra" fees from FedEx would react if their items sent by mail were stopped by CBSA and accessed and charged for taxes, duty and Canada Post's ten dollar collection charge. Would they refuse to pay that too?
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Yes, they will send your file to whatever agency they use on their behalf and once in collections , like anything else, if you owe and don't pay within a time period.You will also automatically have it reported on your credit bureau. You have to decide if you want to go down that road.
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 23 of 23
latest reply