UV Resin from China to Canada

sooperb
Community Member

I ordered UV Resin a couple of times from China because it seems to be the only source that doesn't include shipping that is twice the product price. Yet I never received it. Is there something stopping it at customs? Has anyone been successful getting it to Canada?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: UV Resin from China to Canada

Do you know if it was a 1 or 2 part item. Mix to use? Have never ordered personally, but it may have been held up due to what it contains. If it is considered a dangerous good, it would very likely be blocked by customs if it got inspected. Dangerous goods require special packaging and need to follow certain conditions for shipping. From past experience DG's  are expensive to ship, especially by air. Other possibility, It may have also been poorly packaged and was damaged in transit. Really would depend if the shipper knew what they were doing.  May not be entirely familiar with North American shipping regulations and just send it as a normal shipment.

-CM

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

It's one part, not an epoxy, strictly for crafting.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If its considered flammable it wouldn't be accepted for mailing purposes in North America.

Regulations attached for Canadapost.

Dangerous Goods, as defined by the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDGR), are non-mailable matter. Canada Post will not accept packages that contain dangerous goods or that display dangerous goods symbols, except for lithium batteries described in Section 2.2.9 Batteries of ABCs of Mailing. Canada Post must assume that all markings and labels on a package identify the actual contents. If any evidence of former hazardous material contents is visible, the package cannot be accepted.

It is acceptable to reuse boxes for mail shipments if all former package markings and labels have been removed or completely obliterated by the mailer. Merely crossing out a label and marking or writing the current contents on a box or package is insufficient to allow for mailing. The former markings and labels must be marked out even if the parcel is wrapped in paper because, if the wrapping becomes damaged during shipment, these markings will be visible and the package will not be delivered.

It is important to note that dangerous goods can be found in everyday items or commodities.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGnonmail-e.asp

-CM

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

How does uV resin difference from regular resin? It’s a two-part mixture anytime I’ve seen it. And I buy from North American suppliers so there’s no shipping delays. But it’s a semi-solid substance and, I assume, under more regimented postal regulations. A smart seller/shipper knows how to declare and package it, absolutely not an item for which I’d try to find the cheapest.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@sooperb

Yet I never received it. Is there something stopping it at customs?

As others have discussed, maybe.

Or your small, untracked package may be in the backlog of parcels that are being held as a 'work to rule' tool to force China to pay its fair share of international postal costs. *

Or your order may have been sent Surface in a container and is still, four months later, crossing the Pacific. The container for Canada may not even be the first one off-loaded.

Or your seller may have vapourware.

Post a picture of something cheap, but never send anything.

• Many buyers will forget they even ordered.
  • Some will complain and be schmoozed into waiting until the eBay Dispute window closes.**
  • Some will not bother to complain because the money spent was insignificant.
  • Some will open a Dispute and get a prompt refund.

Most Chinese sellers are honest and are doing a good job. But like anywhere, some are not.

If your item does not appear by the last estimated date for delivery, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The first step is a suggestion, not a requirement, to contact the Seller.

If the seller cannot show that the item is already in Canada and/or does not refund promptly, escalate to a Claim and get your money back.

If the item eventually shows up, you can return the refund by using Paypal's Send Money service.

The higher cost of shipping from North America is because the NA seller has already negotiated the pitfalls of importation and you WILL get your item. Promptly.

And USPS  international shipping charges are very high-- reflecting the actual cost of international shipping unlike the parasitic rates China Post has been using.

*Most of this is over, because as of Fall 2016, China Post has agreed to raise their international shipping rates. Slowly. Over the next decade.

** One reason why Paypal moved to a 180 day Dispute period.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I ordered $40 both times, so the parcel would have been a larger one.  Waited over 90 days twice.  I'm just not sure whether it is the post's fault, the border's fault, or the seller's.  I really need it but, it seems the powers that be are working against me.  That is why I am asking here, if any other Canadian successfully ordered this UV Resin from China.  It is a distinct black bottle with blue and yellow on the label.  I ordered from different sellers each time with the same result.  I am at a loss. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Well, $40 isn't a small sum. Did you at least file INR to get your money back?

As for me, I ordered two tampered glass from two different sellers for my mom's new phone and neither arrived. While the two plastic shells from other sellers arrived at week #6 and #8. Had to file INR for the glass... Not sure if the glass was blocked from import but I have bought one last year for my phone and it arrived after 6 weeks just fine. *shrugs*
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Yes I received a refund both times.  I didn't want a refund I want some UV Resin!!!!!   LOL 

If I had the recipe, I would make it available in Canada.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

You may want to check with a supplier in Canada and find out if there any issues with shipping this product. They may be able to give you specifics as to why it is so expensive to ship. Or if they can recommend someone selling it closer to where you are. Most reputable companies should have a toll free number. Best of luck with your current order or any research. 

-CM

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Vapourware.

The seller does not actually have any of the advertised product but counts on the buyer;

1. to forget they ever ordered the cheap item
  2. schmoozed the buyer into waiting until the eBay Dispute deadline has passed
  3. refunds promptly when the unhappy buyer opens a Dispute, avoiding a Defect from eBay and negative FB from the buyer.

Did your $40 order have any tracking?

Where was the shipment when the last estimated date for delivery passed?

Which is cheaper ? A $40 item that is neither delivered nor refunded?

Or a $100 item that is sent and received promptly?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I've never had anything confiscated at the border or turned back but I would think that customs would send you a letter letting you know that is what happened.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I'm trying to remember about the chimney cleaners/fireworks that were turned back.

I think we were informed by our customs broker not by CBSA, but this was sometime in the 80s.

Of course after that, we just packed them inside a woodstove in the middle of the truck and smuggled them in.

They were really good chimney cleaners and easy to use even during a chimney fire.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply