what is the average time to get a package from the gsc after leaving customs to alberta where i live

i was wondering. i have a package that i ordered that used the gsp. now that my package has passed customs in toronto and has shipped from there. will it get to a facility in edmonton, alberta before or by friday?. it left toronto customs and shipped out yesterday. i know i may be pretty bothersome to the community right now but i really want to know. im also really confused about why the customs cleared on the tracking is before the shipped to international destination

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: what is the average time to get a package from the gsc after leaving customs to alberta where i

The gsp usually uses some type of freight or carrier from the US to another country.  The carrier often  uses their own customs broker to clear the packages through customs.

I haven't received a package through the gsp for a while but from what I've read the time for delivery varies.  When I've ordered packages(non gsp)  from a Ontario to Alberta it usually takes about a week so I would be surprised if you receive yours by Friday...but anything is possible. 🙂

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: what is the average time to get a package from the gsc after leaving customs to alberta where i

What dates did eBay give you as a window for delivery?
Has the last of those dates passed?

Are you set up with your local PO for FlexDelivery which, rather than attempting to deliver to your porch,  leaves a Notice about where and when you can pick up your parcel? This is a new FREE service by Canada Post meant to protect customers from porch pirates.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@threemints wrote:

i was wondering. i have a package that i ordered that used the gsp. now that my package has passed customs in toronto and has shipped from there. will it get to a facility in edmonton, alberta before or by friday?

A variety of carriers seem to handle the "last mile" leg of the shipment of a GSP-forwarded item, but none of them seems to use an "express" service.  I'd say that the odds of your package reaching an Edmonton shipping facility by Friday are on the long side.

For what it's worth, on December 28, I sent an item by Expedited Parcel (a bit faster than regular parcel, slower than Xpresspost) from where I am on Vancouver Island to Winnipeg and it got there yesterday, so that's seven calendar days or four business days.

@threemints wrote:

I'm also really confused about why the customs cleared on the tracking is before the shipped to international destination

Most of the customs clearance work is done at the Global Shipping Center.  My understanding is that all of the items that are part of the shipment are entered into an electronic manifest which is reviewed before or when the shipment enters Canada.  Your item was one of the items on the manifest and I guess the manifest was transmitted electronically to Toronto, hence Toronto being the location on the event scan.

When you do receive your phone, you'll probably find that the item doesn't have a customs form on it and it may have a Canadian return address.  The customs stuff was dealt with electronically, and the Canadian address may be the hub to which the shipment ended up.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Are you set up with your local PO for FlexDelivery which, rather than attempting to deliver to your porch,  leaves a Notice about where and when you can pick up your parcel? This is a new FREE service by Canada Post meant to protect customers from porch pirates.

I think the OP is more concerned about using parts from the phone to revive their present phone so they can use the phone while they're at school.  Earlier thread:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/package-tracking-stuck-on-quot-arrived-at-global-shipping...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

not really. i just want it to come before i start so i have more time to fix it and such since when i do have school i have literally no time in my day after. its a different phone from my main phone so that's where the not really is.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

oh and if it helps, last time i ordered with the gsp my item went from the gsp to my home city in 4 days and was delivered the same day that it arrived in my city. maybe it could come a day early or most likely on monday which is ok i really cant have it coming later than that since ill have no time and have to leave for a trip in like a week or 2

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

no but at this point im 99% sure its gonna come on monday since it has 2 more days to move through the network to edmonton as with my last gsp shipment which took 4 days to get from toronto to edmonton. ebay's estimated dates have never been correct and my items have come days early every time so i dont necessairly trust those dates

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

so did you get it?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply