What Do You Think Of My user id? Any Other Suggestions?

Hello I have changed my user id to "bracedout" because I have just invented a special type of brace for carrying bags which is very small and attaches to your belt. Anyhow I have only sold a few on ebay so far in the last 3 weeks,but I have gotten some really great feedback about them,plus some very strong testimonials outside of ebay. Anyhow I am wondering if my userid may be a turn off ,and could actually discourage people from trying my invention. Therefore I wanted to make sure that I am not overreacting,before I change my userid again. Any other names you think may be suitable are certainly welcome. I am thinking about using "belt brace",since that is what it is,but this may sound a bit too geneic perhaps.

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Five and only five listings are for your brace invention (total value under $25).

You have over 100 other listings that are not "brace" related.

Personally, I find that creating a user ID for a single product with low value and limited market penetration takes away from other items you are selling.

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 81
latest reply

valve37
Community Member

Maybe you should take your invention before the Dragons in the Dragon Den for some serious consideration and funding. O'Leary is always looking for money making oppourtunities.;-)

http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/dragons.html

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 3 of 81
latest reply

If it is that good, you better have a patent.

Message 4 of 81
latest reply

This isn't about an ID or a product. This is advertising.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 81
latest reply

Yes, I was going to comment on the advertising angle but refrained for it before

I remember the OP announcing his new invention in a Canada Town square post a while back. It was deleted for advertising apparently by forum moderators. I can't find it in these forums but I can find a trace of the old post it in Google.

So I suspect the op is just trying to get some free advertising in these forums by using the id change as an excuse..

Not worth the effort since the eBay forum audience is so small.

Message 6 of 81
latest reply

As for the topic of ebay ids, and ebay id can have impact on sales depending on what it can be associated with.

For example, a forum regular brandeentertainment change his eBay id from badenternainment. The product being sold was mainly DVD movies. The association of bad with movies was not a good one. The reason bad was chosen was that they were the first initials of family members. Someone suggested that he use the the first two initials and brande was the results.

Apparently, the change was significant in sales.  Mind you, it may not have been solely the eBay ID. The description has the business name in there and Bad Entertainment in bold letters is not conducive to sales of family movies. Changing the eBay id and the description content to Brande Entertainment made a big difference in sales. So I would say the significant impact was in the description.

Message 7 of 81
latest reply

yes I have only 5 brace listings but I want these to be the ones that people really notice the most,since I believe the records that I sell(which is mostly what they are) will sell themselves regardless of my user id.

Message 8 of 81
latest reply

"I remember the OP announcing his new invention in a Canada Town square post a while back. It was deleted for advertising apparently by forum moderators. I can't find it in these forums but I can find a trace of the old post it in Google.

So I suspect the op is just trying to get some free advertising in these forums by using the id change as an excuse..

Not worth the effort since the eBay forum audience is so small"

Im not really looking for free advertising here since I realize it is true the audience here is quite small,as I said I just wanted to know what people thought of my user id. Since nobody so far has said it sucks ,I suppose that says something in itself,unless people just dont want to say so. Yes I did post a while back,but that was just to try and get people to buy them,and this is just to see what people think of my user id ,so I think ebay will realize that.

Message 9 of 81
latest reply

"If it is that good, you better have a patent"

yes I have a patent pending thanks

"Maybe you should take your invention before the Dragons in the Dragon Den for some serious consideration and funding. O'Leary is always looking for money making oppourtunities"

Well if you went to the page that tells you how to apply you will see they are all booked up for next year,so they arent taking applications,thanks anyhow

Message 10 of 81
latest reply

What's an Injured Soulder?

This is obviously a guy thing.

Women would be afraid that the case would pull their pants down and then break open on the ground and all their personal stuff would be scattered all over for all to see X-(.......... :-p:^O

Then, they might injure their shoulders trying to pick everything up before everyone sees all the personal stuff scattered all over.

Message 11 of 81
latest reply

But........ it's only $5.

Those clips, like the blue one you are using are fairly expensive (a couple $s, no?)........ and then you have to make the strap think to go with it.

It must cost you close to $3 to make one not including your time?

Message 12 of 81
latest reply

Your new eBay id is neutral. It will mean little to potential customers unless the product takes off. Your previous eBay id oxytunes had some relevance to what you mainly sell (records). So if anything the new eBay is less relevant than the old id to the majority of product you sell.

Message 13 of 81
latest reply

I think what you're really asking is whether your play on words going to turn people off?

Your new id is a play on Spaced Out and it's kinda cute, and I assume that's the name you're thinking of for your brace?

IMO ebay ids don't affect sales in most cases, but you're sort of mixing your ebay user id with your record business with the braces.

If you're really asking is about the name Braced Out for the brace............ I'd probably shoot for something a little more medicinal sounding so as to be taken seriously

Message 14 of 81
latest reply

Change your ID to...bob....dan....doug or rich.  brecedoubt? I don't get it?  Although it took a lot of courage on your part to ask all of us what we think.

Message 15 of 81
latest reply

"Those clips, like the blue one you are using are fairly expensive (a couple $s, no?)........ and then you have to make the strap think to go with it.

It must cost you close to $3 to make one not including your time"

Actually they can be found in dollar stores for $1,and I can buy the belts I need for about 3 bucks ,but I can get 3 braces out of 1 belt so I can make one for $2. If I buy the clips and belts from a wholesaler in very large volumes I could probably cut my costs in half or close to it. I have seen the same clips in Canadian Tire for nearly $4 so I know why you would say that.

Message 16 of 81
latest reply

"Your new id is a play on Spaced Out and it's kinda cute, and I assume that's the name you're thinking of for your brace?

IMO ebay ids don't affect sales in most cases, but you're sort of mixing your ebay user id with your record business with the braces.

If you're really asking is about the name Braced Out for the brace............ I'd probably shoot for something a little more medicinal sounding so as to be taken seriously"

Im glad to hear you say it sounds cute,nobody has ever said that. Anyhow I was thinking about something more medical sounding as well,however I think that once the word gets out there about them,people will realize that they really do what I claim,so it wont be a problem to get them to take it seriously regardless of the "light" kind of name. I was just a bit worried people may think it sounds kind of weird or corny maybe. Anyhow I just had my first sale today at my new higher price ,so that is reason for encouragement I guess,perhaps an omen for better things next year.  Happy New Year everyone!

Message 17 of 81
latest reply

"This is obviously a guy thing."

I guess you havent seen my new video on youtube called "belt brace that works" This is hardly what you would call a guy kind of video,although if you are a guy you might really like it anyhow,if you know what I mean.

Message 18 of 81
latest reply

Weird name or not, you got a sale. Thats encouraging.

Best of luck with your new product.

I guess in time you will probably see if you can increase your margins.

Message 19 of 81
latest reply

Good for you getting the sale.

Yeah......... I used to buy those clips by the dozen from CT before $1 stores were around and the cost was about $3 or so.

The problem I see is that if someone had to suddenly use their hands they'd have to let go of the case and if it's heavy it might be a problem, especially if someone's pants are loose.

It's hooked onto the belt loops on a pair of pants, isn't it?

Anyway, I wish you luck with it.

You never know.  I could grown into something for you.

Message 20 of 81
latest reply