Payment Delays for New Sellers Way TOO DELAYED

Hello. Just wanted to say that it takes way too long for money to deposit after making a transaction on here. I believe it would be easy for Ebay to implement a "Release on confirmation" policy where if a positive feedback is received, the money gets released. Initially when I began selling a month ago, it was a 3 week delay on release which was bad enough. Since then I have made 4 sales with all positive feedback and prompt shipping, and now that I sold a fifth item the delay time jumped to a full month? Shipping is very expensive and I need the money for the items I've sold if I am to keep selling more items. I literally might have to set my account to time away until I am sure that I have money to ship any potential sales. Say I make 5 sales in the next week the shipping could be hundreds of dollars that I dont have. Please release the money when the item has been confirmed delivered. Thank You for Your time.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It can be frustrating having to wait but fortunately, it won't last forever.   Keep in mind that a buyer can make a claim on a purchase up to 30 days after delivery so that is probably part of the reason that ebay delays payments for new sellers.

It looks like you may be using lettermail or registered lettermail for your orders and neither can be purchased on ebay. But if you do purchase your labels directly on ebay the  label cost will come out of your pending funds so that you won't need 'extra' money to purchase a label.  The new service 'expedited lite' would probably work well for some of your items within Canada since you are charging $12 shipping and the maximum for that service is probably less than that.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It can be frustrating having to wait but fortunately, it won't last forever.   Keep in mind that a buyer can make a claim on a purchase up to 30 days after delivery so that is probably part of the reason that ebay delays payments for new sellers.

It looks like you may be using lettermail or registered lettermail for your orders and neither can be purchased on ebay. But if you do purchase your labels directly on ebay the  label cost will come out of your pending funds so that you won't need 'extra' money to purchase a label.  The new service 'expedited lite' would probably work well for some of your items within Canada since you are charging $12 shipping and the maximum for that service is probably less than that.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

That sellers can buy shipping labels from Held funds, and that those labels are discounted from counter rates cannot be over-emphasized.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply