The eBay Canada Posting Form Not Working Correctly- shipping section faulty

The shipping section on the NEW listing posting/revise form is not working properly. Specifically, the SHIPPING  section were you enter the product weight and dimensions DONOT ALLOW  you to switch from KG to LBS and measurements can only be enterred in KG. 

We have alot of items under 1-LBS and our minimum measerement is 9 inches x 7inches x 2 inchews which is resullting in crazy shipping costs showing - eBay is slow to react.

Anyt ideas?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

marnotom!
Community Member
Not trying to be snotty, but if you sell a lot of items under a pound, wouldn’t it make more sense to weigh them in grams, particularly as Canada Post uses metric measurements?
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:
Not trying to be snotty, but if you sell a lot of items under a pound, wouldn’t it make more sense to weigh them in grams, particularly as Canada Post uses metric measurements?

My guess  is when eBay created the new listing tool they forgot to port that option over (Accidentally or on purpose). Just not considering the fact that many sellers, for whatever reason still are old school when it comes to measurements (maybe even their inhouse long ago bought boxes were all imperial.) When eBay makes changes they rarely think about the consequences until they get pointed out to them. By then it's too late to turn back.

In doing a quick check I believe at 1 time you could update in seller settings. Now you can't. With the new listing tool there is no place to edit from imperial to metric. Anyones guess if the information from an old listing got correctly moved to the new tool. Personally, awefully glad I don't need to check my listings for that.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Canada Post went metric in 1974.

Any other measurements will be inaccurate and give poor results.

Another example of eBay paternalism trying to rescue us from our own folly.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@futuretech_liquidations wrote:

The shipping section on the NEW listing posting/revise form is not working properly. Specifically, the SHIPPING  section were you enter the product weight and dimensions DONOT ALLOW  you to switch from KG to LBS and measurements can only be enterred in KG. 

We have alot of items under 1-LBS and our minimum measerement is 9 inches x 7inches x 2 inchews which is resullting in crazy shipping costs showing - eBay is slow to react.

Anyt ideas?

devon@ebay

@futuretech_liquidations  

Hello Devon,

Can you confirm when  the new listing tool was created and sellers listings previously created using imperial measurements were ported over correctly? With this new listing tool  the only option is metric. Canadapost still offers both options. (See OP original issue). Concern would be postage options/rates would be incorrect to the buyer causing them to go elsewhere.

Ebay Listing

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1663772594385.png

CP

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1663771799623.png

2. There still is no option for sellers to select shipping tube which has additional charges as per Canadapost & USPS in the states.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I sell Seed Beads by the Gram, not the ounce...

I measure items in MM and CM not inches or fractions of an inch...

Canada has been metric since ABBA won the Euro song contest...

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Actually the posting form does not work properly even when we enter the item weight in gramms.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Actually the posting form does not work properly even when we enter the item weight in grams.

What Shipping Service have you selected?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Anyt ideas?

Quick heads up. Appears the options for Imperial has been added to the listing tool. Just spotted. Unable to confirm how or if older created listings were affected.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1664570125993.png

-Lotz

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

jjcemery
Community Member

Canada post wouldn't accept the label provided by ebay. I even had support try to explain it to the postal worker and almost an hour later, I still had to ship it myself. I thought Canada Post understood shipping???? Don't they receive many ebay deliveries a day???

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@jjcemery wrote:

Canada post wouldn't accept the label provided by ebay. I even had support try to explain it to the postal worker and almost an hour later, I still had to ship it myself. I thought Canada Post understood shipping???? Don't they receive many ebay deliveries a day???

@jjcemery 

What kind of label were you provided by eBay?  Which specific service was involved? We will need a few more details to help you.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Zombie Thread from 09-18-2022

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@jjcemery wrote:

@jjcemery, I suggest you start a new thread about this as your post is about something quite different and it's tacked to an old thread that will likely get shut down shortly due to its age.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply