captcha / recaptcha ruining the entire experience

How do I get rid of this stupid recaptcha/captcha garbage???????

I have all google ip's blocked (as it is an immoral company) and now I cannot log into ebay without  telling google about it. This is a violation of privacy rules in Europe and Canada.

Already I do not sell anything on Ebay because of the lack of seller protection but I do find it quite convenient to buy things here. This captcha garbage means I have to unblock google just to log in and then reblock it afterwards.

Its a waste of my time and if this is the way Ebay is going to be, going forward, then I can no longer be a customer anymore.

Still, perhaps I am missing something and ranting about nothing. If anyone could tell me how to permanently disable all captcha/recaptcha stuff I would really appreciate it.

If it cannot be disabled and Ebay have decided to send my private information to google then so be it, I will delete my account and be gone.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I doubt you will find a solution to this other than using a VPN which can anonymize your details to Google, but even then depending on how they filter the data, you may still be asked to verify.

Many of the trust/security features of a website are offered by third parties, and I'm sure that eBay has this listed in its policy, that to provide you with services they provide data to other entities.

Regardless of what your feelings towards Google are, to use eBay without hassle, it would see you need to use their services.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

So it has been fixed. Thank you. I ... ehem.... could probably have used less dramatic language. However, I am glad these forums do get read.

Now, the only time I see a 'captcha' is if I am logging in from a new IP or unusual device. This is a rare occurence so I can live with one or two a year.

Thanks Ebay.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply