August 11 2021 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone - 

This week's chat is open (and it turns out last week's is as well). Please leave your questions or comments below and I'll work on responses tomorrow. 

Thanks, 
Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Hello Tyler,

There was some recent discussion on the boards about the use of "Registered Lettermail" for tracked shipments. Specifically, whether or not eBay would 'accept' the tracking as proof of shipping/delivery. Personally, I don't see why it WOULDN'T be accepted for domestic Canadian shipments, as it is scanned and marked as delivered the exact same way any tracked parcel services are. But some members seem to be of the opinion that eBay doesn't recognize the tracking on Registered Lettermail as valid.

Again, my question is regarding domestic Canadian shipments.

However, I would also like to know eBay's position on International Registered Lettermail shipments, assuming the tracking is complete from end to end and includes proof of delivery in the destination country.

See this post for the original discussion: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Registered-mail-option/m-p/464616#M128973

Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Tyler, I  phoned eBay for about the 20th time about buyers not able to purchase my items, I now have over 200 listings that no-one can purchase. I was put onto someone on the MP technical team and when I told him about changing my registration from US to CA he said that was the correct thing to do. Canadian sellers with a Canadian bank can only be registered in Canada. I told him that I had be told that this was not correct, I am surprised that this is still going on. I can't get any help from eBay technical staff, told once more to wait for 2 days! I have been waiting for nearly 2 months!! 2 days gone by, still no help.

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

cxgirl
Community Member

Hi Tyler, just wondering why it takes so long for the shipping label charge to be processed. Some label charges have gone through within 48 hours, but most take 4-6 days to go through my account. Now I have two labels from Aug 2nd and one from Aug 4th and as of this morning (Aug 10th), the charges still haven't been deducted from my account.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

My labels have been taking super long the last couple of weeks also. I have two that go back to July 29th, one from July 30th and one from Aug. 4th, to date my charges have not been deducted either. I'll watch for the answer!

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Sorry, stockpiled them.

1. Is there a known ongoing issue with US sellers Contact Seller link mail being shut off from the physical listing page to Intl buyers? In confirming with sellers their settings show nothing blocked in their settings. Have run across this in the past. You see a message view suggesting check the listing for answers. According to US sellers messages arrive with no problems from US buyers. Could they be blocked if for example the seller does not ship Internationally? You are able to contact from the feedback and store page.
  2. Any plans going forward to include an invoice with charges for eBay labels. Standard with PayPal, Shippo, CP. Most sellers attach a copy of the label plus charges with their order for records.
  3. Could eBay PLEASE attach Listing Promotion Fees to the FVF's. Not as a separate charge. Because there is no way to always have a balance with MP there is no way to have funds available to cover these "bonus" charges. (Not sure how it works in USA but with many Canadian bank accounts there can be additional costs per transaction over a limit.  (Originally wasn't the plan to have them included with the month end store fees???
  4. As an FYI for your programmers: Sales tax(s) in Canada are referred to in the following ways. GST - Goods and Service Tax, PST - Provincial Sales Tax & HST - Harmonized Sales Tax. They vary by province and combination. They are not called or referred to as VAT. They have specific percents attached. They should display with the applicable percentages as a standard business practices. For sellers requiring this data they should be presented accordingly.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

After working fine for a month, and apparently money is still being transferred to my bank, Managed Payments is asking me to confirm my banking details.

Which are exactly as they should be.

The page that asks me to confirm has three choices:

Change bank. I don't want to change the bank.

Cancel. I don't want to cancel anything, everything is as it should be - and, I repeat, apparently working.

Update. Which a) greyed out and does nothing and b) there is nothing to update.

What we need here is a button that says "Nope. We're good. Nothing to see here. Move along."

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Can anything be done on eBay's end about these Europe VATs getting charged twice for European buyers? I have no doubt that this is hurting sales as buyers getting charged VATs twice are either discouraged from buying from international eBay sellers again, or they simply refuse shipment and it ends up getting returned to sellers, who would then have to issue a refund to these buyers.

My Germany buyer ended up paying 10€ VAT + 6€ DHL fee upon arrival for a $52 USD + $15 shipping sales, when eBay already charged $12 USD VAT! 

Perhaps eBay needs to stop charging VATs for Europe and just let the destination countries charge them themselves?!

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Europe-VAT/m-p/464655#M129004

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

3 times in 48 hours I had buyers who bought more than 20 pins from me but there were many doubles that the buyer didn’t order. I deleted the first 2 sales and some of the items got relisted and some didn’t but I have no idea which ones did. So the 3rd time it happened, I clicked on the remove link to cancel the doubles and triples, hoping this would put the items back in my store. But it didn’t.  The first time I figured the buyer wasn’t payint attention, but 3 times tells me it’s not them. Capture 2.PNG

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

I got a “Your buyer opened a request” because they didn’t get  their order so I brought a copy of what you see in the picture to the PO but the post office said it’s not a valid tracking number. She said there are too many numbers and it should have a CA at the end, Is there any way I can get a proper tracking number so the post office can look into it? This is for an overseas package.  I've checked older ones and they are all the same

track.PNG

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@bunbar 

@phc64 

tyler@ebay  For clarification please.

See post 10, 11, 13, 14 and 15 addressing this situation.

Ebay erroneously telling US buyers that a Canada P... - The eBay Canada Community

-Lotz

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Hello, my business account was invited to a managed payment. I did all the registration procedures, and sent business documents from the CRA, but every time I send it's rejected, I have even attached a certificate of incorporation, but still rejected.

Also, on the ID that I was told to send, I experience the same issue. I talked to customer service and told to match all the names as in the ID (including initial name) and my account would be verified, but nothing has changed.

So far I see managed payment as a nightmare, because despite sending everything as required but still the account has not been verified.

What needs to be done to verify my account?

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

@bunbar 

To confirm... you sent the package small packet?   The ebay labels have been adding some sort of number under 'tracking' for small packet which isn't a tracking number since small packet do not have tracking.  In some cases if you add the url bar code number in tracking and the package gets scanned when delivered, it may show up on ebay but I think that happens more often in the US than overseas.

Tyler,

when is this going to be fixed?There is no reason that there should be some sort of number entered as a tracking number of small packet when there is no tracking.  It's misleading, confusing and is a time waster for the seller. If I delete that number in tracking after i print the label, it then shows the item as not shipped so if I have to go in and mark it as shipped again. 

Also, we really do need a record of gst/hst paid when printing labels on ebay. Canada Post gives that information there is no reason that ebay shipping can't pass that information on.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Clarification please.

Are holds, store fees and optional fees etc on dot ca available to be paid via Processed payments or Pending? In speaking to several eBay CS folks they seem to be a bit fuzzy on the process. 

In reviewing the dot com boards several sellers have stated that charges "Can" be removed from pending. I'm not sure if this was a misinterpretation or accurate. I've messaged a seller to confirm but had no response. 

The concern is order cancellations where a buyer has paid. These should be straight reversals but from my experience they've been removed from my bank because the funds were not technically processed.  Sellers should not have to worry about funds being removed(from bank accounts) for situations that were beyond their control.

Thanks,

-Lotz

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

Hello Tyler,

There was some recent discussion on the boards about the use of "Registered Lettermail" for tracked shipments. Specifically, whether or not eBay would 'accept' the tracking as proof of shipping/delivery. Personally, I don't see why it WOULDN'T be accepted for domestic Canadian shipments, as it is scanned and marked as delivered the exact same way any tracked parcel services are. But some members seem to be of the opinion that eBay doesn't recognize the tracking on Registered Lettermail as valid.

Again, my question is regarding domestic Canadian shipments.

However, I would also like to know eBay's position on International Registered Lettermail shipments, assuming the tracking is complete from end to end and includes proof of delivery in the destination country.

See this post for the original discussion: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Registered-mail-option/m-p/464616#M128973

Thanks in advance.

Hi @dinomitesales - in order to be considered 'covered' in an INR situation for both domestic and international shipments an item needs to be sent with one of the integrated carriers on this list**.

A shipment needs to have an electronic tracking number (meaning I could look it up on a carrier's website and it would show transit events as well as an attempt of or actual delivery). An electronic tracking number should also be able to display the date of attempted or actual delivery, the city and postcode of the attempted or actual delivery, and also provide signature confirmation if it meets the required 750CAD threshold.

As long as the registered mail service meets those requirements you should be fine!

**An exception to this is if an item needed to be sent with a freight courier, it does not need to be with an integrated carrier, but does need to provide an electronic tracking number

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 32
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Tyler, I  phoned eBay for about the 20th time about buyers not able to purchase my items, I now have over 200 listings that no-one can purchase. I was put onto someone on the MP technical team and when I told him about changing my registration from US to CA he said that was the correct thing to do. Canadian sellers with a Canadian bank can only be registered in Canada. I told him that I had be told that this was not correct, I am surprised that this is still going on. I can't get any help from eBay technical staff, told once more to wait for 2 days! I have been waiting for nearly 2 months!! 2 days gone by, still no help.

I'm really sorry to hear this @triber - the last I checked on this they said they had a ticket open to get things corrected, but they had no timeframe on when to expect resolution. In the meantime while we wait the official workaround is to open a new account and sell items there. 

I know that that answer leaves a lot to be desired, and I wish that this wasn't the alternative, but do you have any other account you can use to sell those items with?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

@cxgirl wrote:

Hi Tyler, just wondering why it takes so long for the shipping label charge to be processed. Some label charges have gone through within 48 hours, but most take 4-6 days to go through my account. Now I have two labels from Aug 2nd and one from Aug 4th and as of this morning (Aug 10th), the charges still haven't been deducted from my account.

Hi @cxgirl & @msau4301 - I haven't heard of any reasons for billing delays like that, other than waiting on courier confirmation/validation. 

Are you both using eBay Labels? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Sorry, stockpiled them.

1. Is there a known ongoing issue with US sellers Contact Seller link mail being shut off from the physical listing page to Intl buyers? In confirming with sellers their settings show nothing blocked in their settings. Have run across this in the past. You see a message view suggesting check the listing for answers. According to US sellers messages arrive with no problems from US buyers. Could they be blocked if for example the seller does not ship Internationally? You are able to contact from the feedback and store page.
  2. Any plans going forward to include an invoice with charges for eBay labels. Standard with PayPal, Shippo, CP. Most sellers attach a copy of the label plus charges with their order for records.
  3. Could eBay PLEASE attach Listing Promotion Fees to the FVF's. Not as a separate charge. Because there is no way to always have a balance with MP there is no way to have funds available to cover these "bonus" charges. (Not sure how it works in USA but with many Canadian bank accounts there can be additional costs per transaction over a limit.  (Originally wasn't the plan to have them included with the month end store fees???
  4. As an FYI for your programmers: Sales tax(s) in Canada are referred to in the following ways. GST - Goods and Service Tax, PST - Provincial Sales Tax & HST - Harmonized Sales Tax. They vary by province and combination. They are not called or referred to as VAT. They have specific percents attached. They should display with the applicable percentages as a standard business practices. For sellers requiring this data they should be presented accordingly.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies 

1. No - if you're seeing something like that and know you're not on a seller's BBL that's something you should report to CS so they can review both sides of the interaction for potential technical issues. 

2. I haven't heard of any but I'm sure that the labels team would love to hear that suggestion! You can email ebaylabels@ebay.ca.  

3. I'll get that feedback shared. 🙂

4. I'll get this one shared too!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

After working fine for a month, and apparently money is still being transferred to my bank, Managed Payments is asking me to confirm my banking details.

Which are exactly as they should be.

The page that asks me to confirm has three choices:

Change bank. I don't want to change the bank.

Cancel. I don't want to cancel anything, everything is as it should be - and, I repeat, apparently working.

Update. Which a) greyed out and does nothing and b) there is nothing to update.

What we need here is a button that says "Nope. We're good. Nothing to see here. Move along."

Hi @femmefan1946 - the verifications happen as your account grows within payments (but should stop eventually!). I'm not sure why there isn't an 'acknowledge, nothing changed' kind of button. I'll get that shared. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Hi Tyler,

Yes, I've been using eBay labels, always took a few days but now it is at 13 days!

Message 20 of 32
latest reply