August 8th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening the chat up for tomorrow. I'll work on getting answers for your questions.

Please know that Seller Update questions may take me a longer amount of time to get responses for, just FYI. 🙂

See you tomorrow!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: August 8th 2018 Weekly Session

Hi Tyler, consider me stupid, everything is working now. Was able to add a shortcut on my PC on both my IDs. Don’t know what I did wrong before but working for me now. Did you wave your magic wand?

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I have eBay as a part of my Toolbar  at the top of my computer page.

This is where I have many links to different eBay pages.....  and I do not rely upon links within eBay...  which  can change in a blink...

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Posted elsewhere.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Hello Tyler,

Has there been any headway with the Saving Drafts issue? As noted previously it still gives you the un-secure site message and this issue has been going on for an extended time period.  This should have been high on the priority list. Secondly is there ANY possible way eBay would reconsider extending the time frame for deleting unsold listings. Some items are seasonal or need to be rotated in an out due to volume. Creating some listings can be very time consuming and if they could be saved longer this would be extremely helpful. Also, when these get purged there is no real notification. It is very difficult to keep track of hundreds of listings ending at various times.

Thanks,

-CM

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Same problem here with shortcuts with Safari on my iPad.  I haven’t tried on my desktop yet.

Tyler...you are using sellers hub on .ca right? Sorry I had to ask. 🙂

Rose...I find it easiest to set up a shortcut fir the community on my own browser rather than first going into sellers hub.

Fair question @pjcdn2005, but I triple checked and am indeed on .ca with Chrome!

It's odd that @msmaggie060 was having issues and then it suddenly started working (wish my magic wand could take credit Smiley Wink). Are you able to do it now on both PC and your iPad? I'm wondering if it's Safari that's not playing nice.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Hello Tyler,

Has there been any headway with the Saving Drafts issue? As noted previously it still gives you the un-secure site message and this issue has been going on for an extended time period.  This should have been high on the priority list. Secondly is there ANY possible way eBay would reconsider extending the time frame for deleting unsold listings. Some items are seasonal or need to be rotated in an out due to volume. Creating some listings can be very time consuming and if they could be saved longer this would be extremely helpful. Also, when these get purged there is no real notification. It is very difficult to keep track of hundreds of listings ending at various times.

Thanks,

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - there is no update with the drafts issue I'm afraid.

When it comes to unsold, there isn't a plan to extend that past 90 days with the Seller Hub. You can look at using an offline tool that will let you maintain listings indefinitely (really useful for the seasonal inventory you mention). The eBay offered File Exchange is free, and has a team that supports it by phone if you need assistance. There are others too, but they are third party and usually not free.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 26
latest reply