Is it okay to ask ebay members for their payal account for refund?

Community Member

Hello,

I purchased a couple of items on ebay though one seller. The packaged never arrived and I started a report through the resolution centre. 

I received a follow-up from the ebay seller stating that they were unable to send the refund through. I originally paid through paypal and the refund for 1 of the 2 items went through okay but the second one is giving them an error.

The seller asked for my paypal account to try and refund again. Is that okay to ask for paypal account? What other options do I have to receive the refund?

Thank-you for any help in advance.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As mjwl2006 has said, the seller already has your PP account (email) but probably sells in the thousands and it would be really hard to find.  Its just an email address so no harm in giving it over.  

Just don't close your claim until you have verified that your refund is back in your PP account.  If it never shows up and you are being put off, have eBay step in.  They'll sort it out and get the money back in your account for you.  But first give the seller a chance.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Yes. Although the seller should be able to find it on their own, they may be busy. Your refund should go to the payment source for which you bought the item and it may be the purchase date is 60 days past.

Please remember to pay your seller back the same way if and when the items arrive.

Shipments from the far east are delayed right now due to Customs processing. All incoming mail is being examined for illicit drugs. Depending on where your seller was located, this could be affecting them too. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As mjwl2006 has said, the seller already has your PP account (email) but probably sells in the thousands and it would be really hard to find.  Its just an email address so no harm in giving it over.  

Just don't close your claim until you have verified that your refund is back in your PP account.  If it never shows up and you are being put off, have eBay step in.  They'll sort it out and get the money back in your account for you.  But first give the seller a chance.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank-you so much for your help
Message 4 of 4
latest reply