Ebay canada managed payments issue with my bank account

Hi! now it's about 70 days i get critical issue with ebay manged payment in Canada they cannot correct the famous glitch that affected old account like me who sell in USD on ebay.ca also i follow all the steps i already open a US account with National bank of Canada to received my funds.I still get the error message in red color that they cannot get access to my bank i send over 20 emails and tell me that i need to wait until the expert team will fix the problem.I never see such thing after 70 days of waiting and i still have a lot of money stuck in that new system that just cause me headache and stress if somebody get a clues about this impossible situation thanks

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

EBay cut off one of my accounts which had been happily using Managed Payments and would not recognize the bank account any more.

And on another account eBay assigned one of my bank accounts to MP, without consulting me, and got the bank's identification number wrong.

Another account ran into my mistake on a birthdate.

Another is working happily with the bank that is not recognized by MP for the first account.

The first account was only solved by switching bank accounts and banks. I am really unhappy about that but also scared to change back.

I would suggest that the phone clerks were useless. Chat was better, and I got transcripts which is helpful. But final resolution was made when an eBay employee who gave his name as Michael called and walked DH and I through all the problems on the two where difficulty was ... difficult.

I used passports for identification and fortunately the  banks we are now using all do give paper statements.

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

bgroulx
Community Member

It's January 2022 and I have a two separate CIBC accounts the ebay will not recognize.   The online support takes literal hours and they are of no help and offer no advice.   They literally keep saying to "open another bank account".   WHAT other bank account?   My money is stuck on ebay, illegally hijacked now.   With ZERO assistance.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

I am in the same spot. And that was the reply I kept getting too..."open another account". I sell in US funds and want to be paid in US funds, but EBays whacked system will not recognize my bank accounts as all have routing numbers and not transit numbers. I could transfer it into a Canadian funds account, but then I get hosed on the exchange. 

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

@jazz-boy wrote:

I am in the same spot. And that was the reply I kept getting too..."open another account". I sell in US funds and want to be paid in US funds, but EBays whacked system will not recognize my bank accounts as all have routing numbers and not transit numbers. I could transfer it into a Canadian funds account, but then I get hosed on the exchange. 

For a Canadian-based bank account, the "routing number" is a combination of the five-digit transit number and the three-digit branch number.  Are you trying to use a US-based checking account rather than a Canadian-based US dollar chequing account?  A US-based account won't work for eBay sellers in Canada.  But I'm probably telling you stuff you already know.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Hi!

DId you happen to solve the issue?

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Hello

were you able to solve the issue? So basically as a Canadian ebayer we cannot get paid in USD? only CAD? 

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

@femmefan1946  Ours was an old .com account however our items were sold on .ca and in Canadian funds. The bank account was "approved" prior to our selling the goods. What type of ne bank account did you get to solve the issue?

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

I used a Canadian bank and a checking account that had existed for some time.

The one that was initially accepted and later refused was a new checking account in an online bank. It was being used by two of my accounts which later made me wonder if eBay has an unstated policy that each account must have its own bank account,  and cannot share.

jasmen@ebay   is that the case?

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

That's actually one thing all the phone customer service agents could agree on - that it was okay to use the same account for up to two different eBay accounts (one may have said three).

So there shouldn't be any issue with the account then? The bank account used is an accredited major bank and for regular checking. The micro-deposits did work and the bank account does show as being attached to the eBay seller profile. Even with that they aren't letting me add my other checking account which is at the same institution and the same specs as that used with no *knock-on-wood* issues. It is baffling.

It would be really great to have this resolved and be able to let other folks know how to resolve any similar issues.

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Sorry to butt in, but I would follow @femmefan1946's example and use the online chat option to get this resolved.   She often touts the advantages of this communication method over the phone option.

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

As a Canadian all my phone conversations are recorded for accessibility reasons however a chat option would work much better, not only for records but with clarity of communication. I am having difficulty finding the link. Where abouts is it found?

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

@tryubik-useonlyasdirected wrote:

As a Canadian all my phone conversations are recorded for accessibility reasons however a chat option would work much better, not only for records but with clarity of communication. I am having difficulty finding the link. Where abouts is it found?

It depends a little (but not a lot) if you're using the mobile version of the site or the desktop one, but you're going to be looking for a "contact us" or "help and contact" link at the bottom of most eBay pages.  Click on that.  You'll come to a menu of bunch of help topics.  Scoot to the bottom of that page and there should be a large clickable or tapable rectangle with "Contact Us" in large font.  Click/tap on that.

There's a couple more pages after that involving describing the type of issue you're having and clicking/tapping.  Look out for the "chat with us" link on the left of the page you come to after those two.

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Hey @femmefan1946 thanks for the tag! You're welcome to have the same checking account on more than one selling account as long as all the info matches. If you're having trouble setting anything up make sure to get in touch with our payments team. 

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

I am also having the same issue, my Canadian dollar, Canadian bank account is not accepted, I keep getting a generic "cannot add your account" error message on this page that they have directed me too:
https://kycremedyweb.ebay.com/bank-account-remedy

Long chat conversations over two weeks, and agents are completely stonewalling me with "just open another account with a different bank", while acknowledging the problem is on their side!!! That's complete insanity. I'm extremely disappointed. What's more they refuse to send me a cheque or send the funds to my PayPal.

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

@matt8i4e wrote:

I am also having the same issue, my Canadian dollar, Canadian bank account is not accepted, I keep getting a generic "cannot add your account" error message on this page that they have directed me too:

https://kycremedyweb.ebay.com/bank-account-remedy

Long chat conversations over two weeks, and agents are completely stonewalling me with "just open another account with a different bank", while acknowledging the problem is on their side!!! That's complete insanity. I'm extremely disappointed. What's more they refuse to send me a cheque or send the funds to my PayPal.

You forgot to mention that back in 1998, you registered with a US address for some reason.  That address is still on file and now in 2022, the eBay system considers you a US user.

I could be wrong, but I think the only way out of this is to register a new account with a Canadian address.

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

Did you ever get this sorted out?  I'm having the exact same issue! So frustrating - they are telling me the only solution is to open another bank account.  

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

The account has no listings so either he took his ball and went home, or he opened a new account with a different bank account.

Canadian bank and  chequing account are required and many choose to have an account dedicated to online selling and with an online bank.

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Actually, its a second account for posting.

No, no luck yet. I've tried hooking up a separate bank account and it didn't work either. They must know what's going on; but if they do, why isn't it being resolved?

How many people are they defrauding?

Message 20 of 44
latest reply