2021 Canada Post unofficial rates chart (under 2kg)

Here you go folks. Attached is an image version of the 2021 postage chart I made. Please feel free to use / print it out if you find this useful. Chart actually created on Jan 16 2021... I made a typo on the date haha laughing

2021 Canada Post OTC.png

$1.07 is stamp rate if you're only purchasing one stamp over the counter.

These are all OVER THE COUNTER rates, so if you have Solution for Small Business account (or if you print via Shippo or Paypal) you will get cheaper rates for the parcels. Definitely use Shippo/Paypal/Snap Ship for Tracked Packet since the saving is quite significant (at least 10% cheaper). 

Fuel surcharge fluctuations apply to BOTH Small Packet and Tracked Packet starting Jan 11 2021. 

For Small Packet & Tracked Packet international rate, I used United Kingdom as reference. For the <500g weight bracket, depending on your international destination, it might be cheaper to use small packet air instead of letter-mail... depending on how much fuel surcharge is. 

I did not include rates for expedited parcel, xpresspost, priority etc in the chart because the price varies greatly depending on both sender and receiver location.

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Thank you

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

As @richardcm states Canada Post sells lower denomination stamps, 2c-4c-25c etc. I buy my stamps onlined via Canada Post website and then pick the denomonations required. They take about 2 weeks to be processed and be delivered though, the CP online store is quite slow.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@dustytodollars wrote:

I'm planning to sell a bunch of cheap video games (effectively DVDs), sending as oversized letter mail, either ≤ 100G or ≤ 200G depending on the title (I have a digital scale to check). So the price is either $1.94 + tax or $3.19 + tax. 

My question is this: what combination of stamp do I need to send these "letters" via quick drop off at my drop off box up the street? I see $1.94 oversized stamps for sale so presumably all good there, but nothing that adds up to $3.19. Would an oversized $1.94 stamp + a regular $0.92 stamp only adds up to $2.86. If I add on two more $0.92 stamps the total value comes out to $3.78, so I'd be overpaying by $0.59.

Do I have this right? As much as it sucks to overpay by $0.59 each time I'd be saving at least 15 minutes by skipping a trip to the post office so not the end of the world. Just want to make sure I figure out a system for myself that is quick and easy.

You can also purchase from your local agent preprinted stamps for 3.19(+ GST/HST/PST) He just sets his scale at 95 grams or so and prints out the quantity you need. Same goes for any additional price points. They will all be dated with the date generated. And be marked Canada. Once you have these on hand apply and drop in mail box.

My local depot recently has taken to not stocking many additional stamps. Not sure why. This varies by depot so I keep on hand and use as required. Not perfect but works in a pinch.

-Lotz

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

No list of rates for Expedited, XpressPost for Canada and Tracket Packet, Expedited and XpressPost for USA?

"I did not include rates for expedited parcel, xpresspost, priority etc in the chart because the price varies greatly depending on both sender and receiver location."

It says right there on the bottom of my starting post. Also, Tracked Packet IS on there. See the ones that says (TP)? 

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM JANUARY 2021.

The problem with zombie threads is that they may no longer apply.

In this case the numbers are only good for another month and a half-- new rates for some parcels will change in January 2022.

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Canada Post.  Raises rates when fuel prices rise and never, ever lowers them when fuel prices drop.  

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Happy new year! 

I'm unpinning this post from last January to avoid any confusion as new rates for 2022 are going into effect this coming Monday (January 10).

Huge thanks to @zee-chan for taking the time to compile this list and help out other folks on the boards!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Is there any change in lettermail/letterpost prices?

I checked on CP their updated rates incoming and i do not notice any change

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

Is there any change in lettermail/letterpost prices?

There is not.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 30 of 30
latest reply