About minimum parcel dimensions, Canada Post

I didn't realize there was a Canadian eBay forum, so I erroneously previously posted my two questions there. I need the information though, so am asking here. 

My question: 

I haven't sold on eBay for a while. When I did, minimum shipping sizes must have been different. Honestly, I don't recall. I looked up minimum sizing for shipping parcels. I got 23cm x 20cm. As most boxes are sold in inch measurements, thats typically going to be rounded off to 10" x 8". This minimum size seems quite different than it was before. I notice that there's also a minimum weight measurement. I suppose that means that's the least weight they will charge for on a parcel shipment. 

My question is, does Canada Post adhere to these minimum sizing requirements? Or is it the same as with the weight, that they have a minimum dimension they'll charge for, that can in fact be smaller? I have a number of boxes I hoped to use that are far smaller than that on one side.

I have another question to ask but will ask it separately to avoid creating confusion. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The minimum varies depending on the service and whether is is domestic or international. There is a min. posted for US expedited parcel and Xpresspost but is smaller for Tracked and small packet. The dimensions for domestic regular and expedited is less than the US measurements.  I'm not aware of any weight minimums. 

In order for the eBay calculator or labels to work you do have to enter at least the min. measurements.  But Canada Post only follows those min. in relation to pricing.  You can send a package smaller than their posted  min. but you may have to fudge the numbers for the eBay calculator to work.

The min and max measurements can be found at the following links.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-shipping-in-canada/si...

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/articles/parcel-services-us-international/size...

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you @pjcdn2005! This is the kind of info I need right now. Wowza. Thank you very much. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply