Another Promo starting tomorrow

Check your promotional offers to activate.

For invited sellers.

500 auction or fixed price.

Jan 28 - Feb 3

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Another Promo starting tomorrow

Did not get it again, have not had a listing promotion for months now. Disappointing to not get included.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Gah, not for me.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I did not get any promotion since December 2016
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Got this one(also got the one earlier this month)...perhaps one of the benefits of not having a store, no longer being a top rated seller, and not having much for sales for the past 6 months....

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I got it too.  I sell very little these days due to search parameters.  IF we are not visible in all searches, there's not much point in offering the promotions.  If I list a popular item, and after 5 days have had 0 - 8 views,  there's obviously restrictions.  Never did get the reason for restricting searches.  Listings should be visible to all who search.   If I search for blue widgets, I want to be able to see ALL the blue widgets, not just the ones the bots will let me see.  Now if there would be a list of requirements to get views for us sellers, bring it on.  Which words to include and which words to avoid in the titles must have something to do with it.

I also have to wonder why some of us long time sellers went from doing well, to almost doing nothing.  This has nothing to do with Ipads, phones or other means of buying.  It's all about visibility.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Of course, I haven't listed in months and have no concrete plans to anytime soon, so I get this one. When I was actively listing, I never got any promos. Go figure.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I think you’ve inadvertently encapsulated the methodology by which eBay doles these out. The promos aren’t being sent to sellers who want them to list stuff they’re already planning to list. Or to keep listed. eBay sends the promos to lapsed sellers or never-before sellers to lure them to selling. They’re not interested in the sellers already here, this is a recruiting tactic. Not a retention tactic.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Keep in mind that promotions are for the benefit of eBay.

So it makes sense that the sellers who got the promos are not consistently listing (or selling).

The more items we list the more likely eBay is to earn fees from our sales.

I haven't had a promotion on Fixed Price in maybe a couple of years, but I seem to recall a couple for auctions, which I don't bother with, considering them a waste of both my time and my customers'. (YMMV)

However I do have reduced costs on my listings (over 5000 at the moment across my various IDs) because my Stores have 'free' listings, which work out to about 5 cents each when I divide the number of listings by the monthly rents.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I got the promo in My eBay too, nice. I have been having low sales, don't have a store now, and lost my TRS due to low sales... I guess I qualify as one of the people eBay is trying to recruit lol.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

For many years I lived comfortably with Premium size store but in view of frequent and generous promotions in last couple of years I "pushed" myself to optimize these offers and opened many boxes with cards, memorabilia, books, etc that I have from my family and spent hours and hours preparing these listings.

When renewal of my contract came up it was financially smart to switch to the Anchor store in order to use all of these prepared listings and optimize my expenses. 

Generally speaking eBay has offered to prepare listings without paying for their initial entries and/or a couple of subsequent listings, but now I have to pay for them in view of bigger size of the store. Which is fine  - I do not expect to have "freebies" all the time. but certain calculations were made in anticipation of very modest profitability considering expected expenses. 

And then we had to start paying HST (13% for me) and Top Seller discount dropped to 10%.

All together it is MUCH HARDER TIME now considering some other measurements and preferences imposed by eBay.

I am starting to think to make it smaller again...  Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

why am i not receiving these offers? i have not received one of these promotional offers for probably almost a full year or more.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply